• Thursday, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. showing Jonas Kaufmann: My Italy. German tenor Jonas Kaufmann introduces My Italy, a very special concert-documentary. Puccini and Verdi are not the main composers chosen for the event, rather the golden hits by Nino Rota and Lucio Dalla.
• Friday, Victoria Street Bridge, 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. annual Coins for Change fundraiser. Sleep under the bridge, all proceeds go towards the CDS Getting to Home program, addressing homelessness in Greater Trail. For details, call CDS 250.364.1104.
• Friday, Rossland Golden City Days kicks off. Family-friendly weekend, Saturday parade, winds up Sunday with Fun Run. For full listing of events see the Wednesday (Sept. 6) Trail Times edition, Pages A8, A9.
• Saturday, Gyro Park, 10 a.m., BC SPCA Paws for a Cause. Walk starting at 11 a.m. Participants can enjoy entertainment, activities, pizza, home baking and SPCA merchandise booth.
• Saturday, Salmo 10 a.m. registration for Parkinson’s SuperWalk in Salmo. Walk to 10:30 a.m. starting at the Salmo Valley Youth & Community Centre. Contact Todd 250.357.9224 for information. Visit kintera.org to register and donate before the event.
• Saturday, 1300 block of Cedar Avenue, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. featuring a special Kidz Vendor Day.
• Saturday, Haley Park, Kootenay Savings Outdoor Movie Night presenting “Sing.” Admission by donation to local food bank. Bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation . Kids Zone games and activities kick off at 6 p.m.
• Sunday, Gateway Christian Life Centre, noon until 3 p.m. Carnival for a Cause. Family-friendly nondenominational event to raise food donations and contributions to the Trail food banks. Games, illusionist, giant water slide and more. Concession $1 hot dogs, popcorn and cotton candy. Admission is a non perishable food item.
• Monday (Sept. 11), Trail Alliance Church, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Grief Support Group. Griefshare is a weekly seminar and support group designed to help rebuild life after losing a loved one. For more info contact Dallas and Diane Fletcher, 250.367.9777 or Shirley Moon, 250.368.0003.
• Wednesday (Sept. 13), Trail United Church, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Trail and District Harmony Choir rehearsal.