• Sunday, Trail Senior Centre, Portland St. 1:30 p.m., the Society for the Protection and Care of Seniors holds its annual general meeting. All welcome. Rides available. Call 362.5767 for info.
• Saturday, Trail KP Hall from 8-11 p.m., for ballroom dancing to the big-band sounds of the SwingSationS. All welcome.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open 6 p.m. show starts at 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House.
• Thursday, Selkirk College in Trail, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop. Call 778.477.2966 or email Carol Sicoli at email@example.com. Workshop continues April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, and May 21.
• Saturday, Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Cinderella’s Closet hosting first dress drive and fundraiser. Beneficial to the girls attending the next event.
• Sunday, Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church at 4 p.m. for Dinner with the Doctor. To reserve a seat, call Val Egolf at 368.3384.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group meets. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Tuesday, Ferraro Foods, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Clothesline Project in Trail, to raise awareness on violence against women. A colourful array of locally hand painted T-shirts with powerful messages about the issue of violence against women.
• VISAC Gallery showing, “Surface Treatments”. Exhibition highlights various techniques for adding pattern, texture and visual effects to pottery items, to enhance their appearance. Features work by members of the VISAC Pottery Guild, and continues last year’s “Pottery: Follow the Process.” Runs until April 24.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. the Bolshoi Ballet performs Ivan the Terrible. As young Ivan is crowned, he must chose one of 13 Boyar daughters to be his wife and tsarina.
• April 25, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. for Harmony Choir’s Spring Concert. Annual event features six local choirs sharing spring repertoire. Classical, pop, folk and world music. Performances by Kootenay Danceworks & soloists. Tickets on sale April 13. Call 368.9669 for info.
• April 25, Royal Theatre, 9:30 a.m. the Met Opera performs Pagliacci & Cavalleria Rusticana (double bill) Opera’s most enduring tragic double bill returns in an evocative new production form.
• April 29, Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. showing Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago. Partnering with Camp Koolaree with ticket sales proceeds going towards the camp. Established in 1931, Koolaree is a 137-acre camp located on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Surrounded by beach, trails, mountains and lake, it makes for a true wilderness setting. Camps run July 8 to Aug. 8 for all ages. For information visit campkoolaree.ca.
• May 2, Knight of Pythias Hall in Trail, 6-8 p.m. the Mystic Dreams Belly Dance presents: the Unveiling. A belly dance performance featuring Mystic Dreams dancers and dancers from Castlegar, Grand Forks and Kelowna. Tickets $10, available from local belly dancers or call 521.0120 or email Lisa Keech at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 2, Charles Bailey Theatre. 2 p.m. for Cadence, from the Teck children series. Take a trip through time with Cadence as they cover over 100 years of vocal music in 50 minutes. Juno nominated quartet covers Gregorian chant, classical, choral, jazz, do-wop, rock, and blues. High-energy antics and audience participation.
• May 3, Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church at 4 p.m. for Dinner with the Doctor. Enjoy a free vegetarian meal and talk with Dr. Sid Kettner. To reserve a seat, call Val Egolf at 368.3384. Topic, hypertension and stroke.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.