Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission.
• Thursday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. for JL Crowe Variety Show. J.L. Annual show is an opportunity to connect the youth to their community through an event that showcases talent in all forms. This year’s line up includes dancing, musical performances and skits. Tickets are available at the box office, $12 per adult and students, $10.
• Saturday, Trail KP Hall, 8-11 p.m. Dance to the big band sounds of SwingSationS. All welcome. Tickets at Trail Coffee & Tea Co. and Mallards Source For Sports in Castlegar. To reserve call 367.6115.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, doors open 6 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Performers begin 7 p.m. Line up includes Bert Kniss, Stew Ford, Les Carter, Alan Suttie, Keith Robine and Mike Scully, the Dead Strings and Dave Scanlan. New performers welcome, no auditions. Contact Les Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 362.5677 for more info.
• Friday, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (outside), 1-3 p.m. The Society for the Protection and Care of Seniors hold its annual Memorial Vigil for “Services Lost.”
• Thursday, Trail United Church, noon until 1 p.m. Communities in Faith Pastoral Charge, present Lenten Luncheon Series. Conversation focus “God’s Love / God’s Judgment.” Bring thoughts, questions and bag lunch. Speakers: Feb. 18, Fr. Bart vanRoijen, Holy Trinity Parish; Feb. 25, Pastor Shaun Romano, Gateway Christian Life Centre; March 3, Andrew Freeman, Warfield Community Church; March 10, Canon Neil Elliot, Anglican Church; March 17, Rev. Michael Hare Trail United Church.
• Feb. 27, Trail Seniors Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to music of Reg Bozzer. Admission $2, refreshments. Entrance on Portland Street. All welcome. For info call Darlene McIsaac, 364.0960 or 368.9790.
To submit email email@example.com.
• March 12, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. holding St. Patrick’s Day coffee party in Knox Hall. Includes bake sale and toonie table. Admission by donation. All welcome.
• March 14, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church hall, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. incrEDIBLE trail presents Seedy Saturday. Seed swap, seed vendors, planting workshops, demonstrations and more. For info contact Gina at 231.8671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• March 17, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Clinton’s Retro-Swing Band. Smooth vocals and charismatic ukulele of Brian Kalbleisch, eclectic and slightly eccentric arrangements of old tunes, newer tunes and never-heard-before tunes.
• April 7, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Laura Landsberg Quartet, Nelson singer presents Duke Ellington’s timeless compositions.