Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission.
• Saturday, Royal Canadian Legion, Rossland. Fiddle Concert and Workshop featuring Gordon Stobbe and JJ Guy. Workshop 12:30-3:30 p.m. all ages. Concert, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Tickets at Legion or call Richie Mann, 362.9465. Bar will be closed during event to allow all ages to attend, proceeds to legion for distribution to local charities and organizations.
• March 17, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Clinton’s Retro-Swing Band. Smooth vocals and charismatic ukulele of Brian Kalbleisch, eclectic and slightly eccentric arrangements of old tunes, newer tunes and never-heard-before tunes. Tickets and information at box office weekdays noon until 4 p.m., call 368.9669.
• Thursday, Trail United Church, noon until 1 p.m. Communities in Faith Pastoral Charge, present Lenten Luncheon Series. Conversation focus “God’s Love / God’s Judgment.” Bring thoughts, questions and bag lunch. Speakers: today, Canon Neil Elliot, Anglican Church; March 17, Rev. Michael Hare Trail United Church.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. holding St. Patrick’s Day coffee party in Knox Hall. Includes bake sale and toonie table. Admission by donation. All welcome.
• Saturday, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church hall, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. incrEDIBLE trail presents Seedy Saturday. Seed swap, seed vendors, planting workshops, demonstrations and more. Contact Gina at 231.8671 or email email@example.com.
• Saturday, Waneta Plaza (AM Ford Plus parking lot), noon until 2 p.m. Car wash for Career Development Services (CDS). Minimum donation $5. All proceeds to help CDS purchase equipment to run the Gyro Park concession.
• Trail Memorial Centre, showing “Ordinary Lives, Extraordinary Times: the Italian Canadian Internment Experience. Audio visual available during regular library hours, an exhibit of artifacts and information detailing the lives of Italian-Canadian Aliens during the Second World War.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Last day to view Crowe Secondary Art Students’ Showcase. Next showing, “Re-Woven,” a fibre arts exhibit, opens March 22 before the Jann Arden concert in the Charles Bailey.
• March 19, Rossland Sacred Heart, 1-3 p.m. CWL is hosting it’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Tea, and bake sale. Admission, $4.00. Everyone welcome.
• March 20, Sunday Cinema, 4:30 p.m. presents MacBeth. A thrilling interpretation of one of Shakespeare’s most famous and compelling characters.
• March 21, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guests: Svea Menard and Coleen Welton, ET nurses. For info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• April 3, Sunday Cinema, 4:30 p.m. Born to be Blue. A re-imagining of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker’s life in the 60s.
• April 3, Charles Bailey Theatre, 2 p.m. Teck Kids Series presents Infinitus. Violin, viola, cello and beat boxing show for ages four to 10.
• April 7, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Laura Landsberg Quartet, Nelson singer presents Duke Ellington’s timeless compositions.
• April 9, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to music by Don Hollis. Admission $2. Refreshments served. Entrance on Portland Street, all welcome.
• April 14, Webster School gym, 5-8 p.m. Webster PAC hosting Spring Market, fundraising for new school playground.
• April 23, Trail Senior’s Centre. 2-4 p.m. Dance to music of Peter Makortoff. Admission $2. Refreshments served. Entrance on Portland Street. All welcome.
• April 24, Gyro Park 9 a.m. until noon, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Dash. Family friendly event, designed for runners and walkers of all ages and all fitness levels, all money raised donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.