Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission.
• Today, Waneta Plaza for the annual Spring Craft Fair. See what local crafters have been working on over the winter. Runs until May 4.
• Friday, Rossland Art Gallery at 7 p.m. the Rossland Youth Week Art Show Opens. Cast your vote for People’s Choice Award in two categories: Grades 6-9 and Grades 10-12.
• Tuesday, Gerick Cycle & Sports in Trail at 5 p.m. for Mural Heights spring mountain biking, and coaching tips with Cindy Devine, former world champion. Beginner/intermediate level bikers. Ride 60-90 mins. Class runs until May 6. Call 364.1661 for info.
• The Trail Bottle Depot is collecting bottle donations to help purchase a wheelchair accessible van for Leanne, a local youth afflicted with Cerebral Palsy. For info or bottle pick up call Tammy Cox at 368.6975.
• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. for Harmony Choir’s Spring Fling. Features performances by various choirs from around the region and soloists Dawson Zanet and Audrey Bisset. Tickets $15.
• Tonight, Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. for the National Theatre production of King Lear. Shakespeare’s tragedy of an aged king who divides his kingdom between his three daughters according to which one is most eloquent in praising him.
• Today, VISAC Gallery 12:30-3:30 p.m. for Felted Hat Workshop. $50, all material included. Pre-registration is required. Call 364.1181 or firstname.lastname@example.org for info or to register.
• VISAC Gallery showing exhibition of Joost Winckers, an art instructor at J.L. Crowe Secondary School. The display provides a unique opportunity for the community to appreciate the beautiful art work of a teacher who is much liked and appreciated by students and parents. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. By donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils. Mr. Horvath will supply the paper.
• May 9,Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m., for Miss Trail 2014. Tickets $15.
• May 22, Rossland Gallery at 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore returns to perform string trios of Beethoven, Kodaly and Dvorak. Tickets $15 or $12 for students and seniors, at Bear Country Kitchen and at the door.
• May 24, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 9 a.m. auditions start for West Kootenay’s Best Singer. Top 20 auditions advance. Contests starts at 7 p.m. Tickets $5 at the Beaver Valley Bakery. Open to all ages living in West Kootenay/Boundary area. For info call Vern 250.428.0305.
• May 26 and May 27, Rossland Light Opera Hall, 2054 Washington Street, Rossland at 9 p.m. Auditioning teens and adults for roles and chorus for Anne of Green Gables. Come prepared to sing Happy Birthday and read from script. Show dates Feb. 2015. Contact Marnie at email@example.com for info
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org