• Saturday, 11 a.m. the United Way of Trail and District will be hosting a fundraising BBQ at Korpack Cement Products. Minimum donation $3 for burger, hot dog or smokie with a beverage.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Hall from 9 a.m. until noon. for the Beaver Valley Community Garage Sale. Household items, tools, sporting equipment, children’s items, baking and more.
• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. for Harmony Choir’s Spring Concert. Annual event features six local choirs sharing spring repertoire. Performances by Kootenay Danceworks & soloists. Call 368.9669 for info and tickets.
• Sunday, Trail United Church, 3 p.m. for the Bisset Singers. Tickets $12.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:30 a.m. the Met Opera performs Pagliacci & Cavalleria Rusticana (double bill).
• Friday, last day to view VISAC Gallery‘s “Surface Treatments.” Exhibition highlights various techniques for adding pattern, texture and visual effects to pottery items, to enhance their appearance.
• May 2, St. Rita’s Church in Fruitvale, 1-2:30 p.m. for Strawberry Tea & Bake Sale. 1935 East View Street. Entry by donation.
• May 2, Trail Alliance Church from 2-4 p.m. for a Spring Tea. Coffee, tea, decadent desserts. Tickets $4, children $2 at the door.
• May 2, Knight of Pythias Hall in Trail, 6-8 p.m. the Mystic Dreams Belly Dance presents: the Unveiling. Tickets $10, available from local belly dancers or call 521.0120 or email Lisa Keech at email@example.com.
• May 2, Charles Bailey Theatre. 2 p.m. for Cadence, from the Teck children series. Take a trip through time with Cadence as they cover over 100 years of vocal music in 50 minutes. Juno nominated quartet covers Gregorian chant, classical, choral, jazz, doo-wop, rock, and blues. High-energy antics and audience participation.
• May 3, Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church at 4 p.m. for Dinner with the Doctor. Enjoy a free vegetarian meal and talk with Dr. Sid Kettner. To reserve a seat, call Val Egolf at 368.3384. Topic, hypertension and stroke.
• May 7, Trail Association Activity Centre, 1791 Riverside Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Mother’s Day Tea, Luncheon and Bazaar. Fundraiser, $5 per person. Includes tea, coffee, sandwiches and dessert platter. Craft table, trinkets, bake sale, door prizes. Call 368.3503 or 3687.3504 for info or to reserve tickets. RSVP by April 27.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org