• Friday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m., Black Productions presents Hedwig and the Angry Inch. A musical comedy that tells the story of a fictional rock bank, fronted by Hedwig, a singer who survived a botched sex change operation.
• Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall 7:30 p.m.,the Rossland Council for Arts and Culture presents Hungarian vocalist Noémi Kiss and classical guitarist Rita Deane in a concert featuring love songs from across the centuries.
• Thursday, Beaver Valley Public Library 7-8:30 p.m. Film showing in celebration of International Women’s Day. Wonder Women: The untold story of American Superheroines. Sponsored by Women Creating Change. Suitable for all ages, genders, free admission.
• Friday, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church in downtown Trail, 1:30 p.m. for the World Day of Prayer ecumenical church service.
• Friday, Rossland Summit School (formerly Rossland Secondary School) 7-9 p.m. Steps Dance Studio presents solo show. Group numbers and guest performers.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 11 a.m. Celebrate the International Women’s Day Service. Luncheon and program follows from noon on. All women welcome.
• Sunday, Colombo Lodge from 2-4 p.m. for The Kate Shaw School of Highland Dance, performance and tea fundraiser. For info call 368.3782 or email email@example.com.
• Saturday, Rossland Public Library, 3:30-5 p.m. Film showing in celebration of International Women’s Day. Wonder Women: The untold story of American Superheroines. Sponsored by Women Creating Change. Suitable for all ages, genders, free admission.
• March 12, Jazz at the Griff, 7: 30 p.m. for the Clinton Swanson Quartet. A night of chamber jazz featuring Ian Hartline on also sax and clarinet, Swanson on tenor sax, Rob Fahie, acoustic bass, and Doug Stephenson on guitar. Call 368.9669 for info, reserved tables available for groups of four or more. Final concert of the season.
• March 14, Rossland Miners Hall for an evening with Valdy. Valdy has four gold albums and Juno awards for Folk Singer of the Year and Folk Entertainer of the Year. Doors open at 7 p.m. Contact Mike Ramsey firstname.lastname@example.org or call 362.7787 for info. Limited seating.
• March 14, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. incrEDIBLE trail’s Seedy Saturday. Seed swap. seed vendors, garden products, educational booths and more. Free admission.
• March 14, Sacred Heart Church gathering space from 1-3 p.m., the Sacred Heart CWL in Rossland is hosting it’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Tea. Cost is $4 per person.
• March 16, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Robert Hill, Convatec Rep from Vancouver. For further info call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Monday, Warfield Community Hall, 6 p.m., Lego Club for children 5-8 yrs, one hour session for children 9-12 begins at 7 p.m. $10 registration fee. Each week, new Lego theme.
• Tuesday, Warfield Community Hall, (old kitchen) 6:30-8:30 p.m., Learn to Crochet. Bring a size “l” of J-hook and a ball of Red Heart super saver wool. Class is free.
• Wednesday, Webster School gym, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Floor hockey for children 5-8 years; 6:30-7:30 p.m. session for ages 9-12. $25 registration fee.