• Friday, Artisan’s 25th Anniversary Celebration 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 942 Eldorado Street downtown Trail. Gift for first 25 customers, gift basket draw, cupcakes, coffee and more.
• Friday, Waneta Plaza from 1 to 3 p.m., the Old Time Fiddlers will be playing in support of the Salvation Army food bank. Please bring a non-perishable food item to show your support,
• Saturday, Beaver Valley Manor from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. for borcht lunch. Everyone welcome, bake table, white elephant table and door prizes. Admission $5.
• Saturday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a special Spooktacular event. Great food, pumpkin pie, halloween treats, haunted house and more. Call 368-3144 for info.
• Saturday, St. Michael’s School 1-3 p.m. for the Holy Trinity Church fall tea and bake sale. Tickets $3. Raffles, sewing, plants and a mystery table.
• Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Trail United Church for quilt show and sale and the 11 th annual coffee party for the Tuesday morning quilters. Admission by donation, proceeds to local charities. Trail United Church women also having a bake sale.
• Monday, Genelle Hall at 5:30 p.m. for potluck dinner at the WK Naturalist’s month-end meeting. Bring plate, cup and cutlery. Angus Glass presents migration of the W. Toad in the Summit Lake area at 7 p.m. Free. All welcome.
• Monday, Rossland Historical Museum from 5-9 p.m. for Fright Night Spooktacular. Call 362-7722 for info.
• Tuesday, Rossland Miners Hall, 7 p.m. Public workshop to help plan the future of the Rossland Range. Learn about the new recreation site designation. For info call Les Carter 362-5677.
• Sunday, Trail Seniors’ Hall (Selkirk College Portland St. entrance) 1:30 p.m. The Society for the Prevention and Cruelty to Seniors will host a general meeting. Ken Siemens will talk about grief and loss. All welcome. For info call 362-5767.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre 9:55 a.m. for the Met production of Shostakovich’s opera The Nose. Satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose. Tickets $24 at the door.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Blue Jasmine. Woody Allen comedy drama follows a troubled former Manhattanite. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• Showing Jessica Gowling’s exhibit “Within the Wilderness.” Traditional hand-pulled prints. Hours Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday 2-6 p.m.
• Nov. 8 and Nov. 9, Montrose Hall, 10 a.m. start for the Montrose Christmas Craft Fair. Free Admission.
• Nov. 3, Royal Theatre 9:55 a.m. for Royal Ballet production of Don Quixote. Cervantes bumbling knight, with all the elements of the great classical ballet.
• Nov. 15, St. Andrews Iona Hall at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 16 at 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. for Phoenix Cafe IV. A production of one act plays and more presented by Columbia Phoenix Players. Tickets $10 at L’Bears Helath Foods in downtown Trail, Cafe Books in Rossland and Mystic Beauty in Fruitvale.
• Dec. 5, St. Michael’s School, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Holy Trinity Catholic Parish community craft fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com