Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listings visit trailtimes.ca.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. for Turandot, Met Opera Live in HD. Nina Stemme, one of opera’s greatest dramatic sopranos, takes on the title role of the proud princess of legendary China.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, Dance in HD showing the Royal Ballet’s Rhapsody, the Two Pigeons.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 5 p.m. Sunday Cinema showing 45 Years. Geoff and Kate Mercer are preparing to celebrate their 45th anniversary when the body of Katia, an old girlfriend who fell during a hiking trip with Geoff, has been discovered in the Swiss Alps after almost fifty years.
• VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail showing “Puzzle Pieces,” by Andy Holmes and Martine Bedard. An exploration of the complexity of existence. Hours are Tuesdays through Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and until 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more info call 364.1181 or contact email@example.com.
• Feb. 11, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Melody Diachun, the Art of Romance. Singer and her band explore timeless songs of love and lust. Tony Ferraro on drums, saxophonist Clinton Swanson, guitarist Doug Stephenson and Steven Spielman, acoustic bass.
• Feb. 15, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Duane Lehr, tax investment and expert from Pinpoint Personal Tax Services For info, call 368.9827 or 365. 6276.
• March 17, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Clinton’s Retro-Swing Band. Smooth vocals and charismatic ukulele of Brian Kalbleisch, eclectic and slightly eccentric arrangements of old tunes, newer tunes and never-heard-before tunes.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.