• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. Shrek the Musical Jr. Local young talent in Triple Threat Experience and Steps Dance Centre. Runs again, 7 p.m. Once upon a time, in a far away swamp, there lived an ogre named Shrek whose precious solitude is suddenly shattered by an invasion of annoying fairy tale characters. Directed and produced by Carolyn Ferraro, Juliana Marko and Nadine Tremblay. For info call the box office, 250.368.9669.
• Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall, 8 p.m. doors open for Ski Bum Snowball. Presented by Rossland Rotary, featuring the Foggy Goggle Boys. Tickets available at Alpine Grind and Powder Hound.
• Tuesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. United Way in downtown Trail hosts Rossland Firefighter’s Christmas Hamper Fund. Help United Way fill up window with non-perishables or unwrapped toy for children up to age 12. Runs until Dec. 17.
• Thursday, United Church Hall, 7 p.m. Friends of the Rossland Range and Ministry of Forests public workshop, help with plan for restoration of the Old Glory Forest Fire Lookout. Share ideas for restore lookout as a heritage and interpretive site in 2016.
• Saturday, 900 Spokane Street, Trail Indoor Winter Market, noon until 4 p.m. Plenty of vendors, unique gift ideas, organic produce, good eats and more. Runs again Dec. 19.
• Saturday, Trail and District Public Library, noon til 2:30 p.m. Holiday open house. Free community event. Christmas crafts, carols, holiday snacks and cider.
• Sunday, Montrose Community Hall, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Rossland Trail Roller Girls host Holiday Sale. RTRG is clearing out closets with gently used goods, from children’s clothes/toys to household gems up for grabs. Public invited to purchase a table for $20 to sell their wares. For info,contact Lauren Derksen, 250.921.4059 or email@example.com. Shoppers encouraged to bring a non-perishable item for entrance to help support the local food bank.
• Monday, Trail and District Public Library, noon until 1 p.m. Screening Arthur Christmas in the Red Room. Free admission, snacks.
• Wednesday, First Presbyterian Church, 5:30 p.m. for Community Christmas Dinner. Everyone welcome, call 368.6066 to reserve a seat or drop into the church. By donation as you are able. Rides available if needed.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.