• Saturday, Bailey Theatre, 2 p.m. Teck Kids Series presents Purple Pirate’s Magic Pirate Ship. All aboard, the Purple Pirate is hunting for treasure and needs a crew.
• Tickets available for Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 12 when Joy of Cooking takes the stage. Led by guitarist Doug Stephenson, this ensemble is the very definition of cool, easy-listening jazz.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. Met Opera Live presents Verdi’s Nabucco. The legendary Plácido Domingo brings another new baritone role to the Met. Grans to Grans will be on site selling goodies, all proceeds to the Stephen Lewis Foundation that supports African grandmothers raising their orphaned grandchildren due to HIV/Aids.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m., Sunday Cinema presents Denial. Riveting courtroom drama about showdown between historian Deborah Lipstadt and Holocaust denier David Irving.
• Jan. 12, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Joy of Cooking. Led by guitarist Doug Stephenson, this ensemble is the very definition of cool, easy-listening jazz.
Jan. 16, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: diabetic nurse .For further info, please call 250.368.9827 or 250.365.6276.
• Jan. 19, Trail United Church, 7-9 p.m. Alzheimer Society of B.C. hosting Transition to Residential Care. Designed to help family caregivers considering residential care options for a person with dementia. Registration necessary or the course may be cancelled due to low numbers. Contact Julie Leffelaar at 1.855.301.6742 or email email@example.com.
• Jan. 20, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Baker’s Dozen: Twelve Angry Puppets. A single puppeteer transforms one puppet into twelve jury members, each struggling with our flawed judicial system.