• Saturday, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for Tuesday Morning Quilters 14th Annual Coffee Party Quilt Show and Sale. Admission by donation, craft and what-not table, bake sale.
• Saturday, Trail Legion #11, 1-3 p.m. Ladies Auxiliary Fall Tea and Bake Sale. Tickets $3.50, door prizes.
• Saturday, St, Michael’s School, 1-3 p.m. for Holy Trinity Parish Tea and Bazaar. Light refreshments, browse the bake, plant and sewing tables, and try your luck at the ever popular mystery table. Located 1329-4th Ave.
• Saturday, Trash to Treasure Day, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
In celebration of Waste Reduction Week in Kootenay Boundary, collect unwanted items and place them curb-side, passersby pick up for free. Visit rdkb.com for details.
• Saturday, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m., dance to the music of Reg Bozzer. Tickets $2, light refreshments. All welcome. Access off Portland Street. For more info call Branch 47 at 364.0960.
• Sunday, The Bailey, 2 p.m. Teck Children’s Series presents Sharon and Bram. Sing along concert for entire family.
• Visac Gallery showing multi-artist exhibit, “Dimensions of Colour.” Runs until Oct. 21.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. Met Opera Live in HD presents Don Giovanni. Charismatic baritone Simon Keenlyside plays the title hero, opera’s ultimate cad, who goes to hell in a dazzling coup de théâtre.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Dheepan. On the losing side of a civil war in Sri Lanka, a Tamil soldier poses as the husband and father to two refugees.
• Oct. 29, The Bailey, 7:30 p.m. for Louisiana Hayride Show. A tribute to the iconic live radio program, Louisiana Hayride. Magical journey, start to finish. For info call the box office, 368.9669 or visit trail-arts.com.
• Oct. 29, downtown Trail, 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. for Halloween Spooktacular. Graveyard Walk,. Hay Bale Maze, Costume Contest, sBOOky stairs, and trick or treat with the Downtown Trail Business Group.
• Oct. 27, Salvation Army Church, (2030 Second Ave.) 7 p.m., Fashion Show. Tickets $6, at Thrift Store.
• Oct. 27, Muriel Griffiths Room. 7:30 p.m. Jazz at the Griff presents Melody Diachun. Juno and National Jazz Awards nominee Diachun perform jazz standard, broadway tunes and pop songs. For info call the box office, 368.9669.
• Oct. 30, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents The Dressmaker. Story of femme fatale Tilly Dunnage who returns to her small home town to right the wrongs of the past.
• Nov. 4, Glenmerry School 4:30-8 p.m. for Glenmerry Parent Advisory Council’s 3rd annual Fall Vendor Fair.
• Nov. 4, The Bailey, 7 p.m. for Enema Strikes Back. Enema awards are back, laugh out loud with this hilarious cast of health care professionals.
• Nov. 5, Italo Canadese Society, 5:30 p.m. cocktail hour for Fall Banquet and Dance. Italian dinner 6 p.m. Dance to live music by North of 60. Advance tickets, $34, until Oct. 26. Call Lina at 250.368.5291 or Maria, 250.368.3268.
• Nov. 5, St. Rita’s Church, 1-2:30 p.m. for Christmas Tea and Bake Sale. Tickets $4 at door, door prizes, all ages welcome.
• Nov. 6, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Into the Forest. A worldwide power outage sends the globe toward the brink of apocalypse, forcing two Canadian sisters to survive in the wilderness.
• Nov. 13, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Captain Fantastic. Free thinking father of six raises his kids in the woods of Washington and is forced on a road trip across country.