• Friday, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Baker’s Dozen: Twelve Angry Puppets. A single puppeteer transforms one puppet into twelve jury members, each struggling with our flawed judicial system.
• VISAC Gallery, showing ‘Landscape, Migration, & Wilderness’ an exhibit by local artist Stephanie Kellett.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. presents the Met Opera Romeo and Juliette.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 5 p.m., Sunday Cinema presents Julieta. Pedro Almodóvar adapts three stories from Canadian Nobel Prize winner Alice Munro for this time-tripping tale about the relationship and eventual rupture between a Madrid teacher and her beloved daughter.
• Feb. 9, Red Mountain Resort, 5-9 p.m. Take a Hike Foundation hosts its first annual Moonlight Snowshoe. Live music, hot food, prizes and a chance to spend time connecting with Take a Hike students and staff, all in support of the West Kootenay program. For info call 250.364.1889.
• Feb. 9, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for Laura Landsberg. Versatile doesn’t begin to describe Landsberg, given the range of her voice and the breadth of material she interprets in a jazz style.
• Feb. 10, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. KBRH Health Foundation presents Time for Spring. A concert and song auction featuring violinist Carolyn Cameron and Dawn Kavanagh on piano. Admission by donation to health foundation. RSVP foundation director Lisa Pasin at 250.364.3424.