• Thursday, Trail Memorial Centre Red Room, 2 p.m. Neighbourhood Grans to Grans will host a gathering in recognition of World AIDS Day. Sponsored by the Trail and District Public Library, the event includes videos, readings and discussion. Admission free, all welcome. For more info contact Joan at 368.9509.
• Thursday, Rossland Sacred Heart Church, 7 p.m. hosting it’s annual Advent Music Celebration. Everyone welcome to attend an evening of music and meditation followed by hot chocolate and cookies.
• Friday, Waneta Plaza, 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. for Light Up the Hospitals Pledge day. Live entertainment, Santa and more. Visit the plaza or KBRH Health Foundation to make a donation. For info call 1.888.364.3424 .
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. is hosting their Christmas Coffee Party in the Knox Hall. Includes bake and toonie table. Admission by donation, all welcome.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 9-11 a.m. Breakfast with Santa. Bring the kids for pictures with Santa and a pancake, egg and sausage breakfast cooked by the Fruitvale firemen, served by the Beaver Valley Nitehawks. All proceeds donated to the Fruitvale Community Chest.
• Thursday, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Slocan Valley’s acoustic blues duo Holly Hyatt and Jon Burden release Shufflin The Blues CD. Mix of Chicago Blues, Delta Blues and home-style originals.
• Tuesday, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m., A Quartette Christmas. Delightful mix of Christmas songs old and new, performed by four of Canada’s finest singer/songwriters—Cindy Church, Caitlin Hanford, Gwen Swick, and Sylvia Tyson.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery, 6-8 p.m. Opening night for Holiday Show and Sale. Locally handmade treasure and art, all welcome.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. TDAC’s Sunday Cinema presents Little Men. Jake is a quiet, sensitive middle schooler with dreams of being an artist. He meets the affably brash Tony at his grandfather’s funeral, and the unlikely pair soon hit it off.
• Dec. 14, Trail Presbyterian Church, 5:30 p.m. for Christmas dinner. Everyone welcome. To book a seat, call 368.6066. (Note dinner is on Dec. 14 not Dec. 8 as Trail Times previously posted)
• Dec. 9, United Way Christmas Market Fundraiser. 5-9 p.m. Runs again Dec. 10 and Dec. 17 from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. Location is 900 Spokane Street.
• Dec. 10, City of Trail, 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. for Silver City Nite and Santa’s Candy Parade. Full day of activities throughout town including United Way Christmas Market Fundraiser, 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. and 5 p.m. parade through downtown.
• Dec. 11, Royal Theatre, 4: 30 p.m. TDAC Sunday Cinema presents Mia Madre (My Mother). Acclaimed Italian auteur Nanni Moretti finds comedy and pathos in the story of Margherita, a harried film director trying to juggle the demands of her latest movie and a personal life in crisis.
• Dec. 14, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Annual Rotary Christmas Carol Concert. Eight choirs, the Maple Leaf Band and one soloist. Collection during intermission, all funds donated to Salvation Army Christmas Hamper Fund.