• Thursday to Sunday, Rossland Winter Carnival features Blizzard Music Festival, Variety Show, parade, bobsled races, snowman making competition, beer garden and much more. Visit rosslandwintercarnival.com for more details.
• Saturday, Trail Seniors’ Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to the music of Don Hollis. Admission $2, entrance at 924 Portland Street. For more info, call Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.
• VISAC Gallery, showing ‘Landscape, Migration, & Wilderness’ an exhibit by local artist Stephanie Kellett.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m., Sunday Cinema presents Manchester by the Sea. A reclusive handyman who must face his painful past when he returns to his Massachusetts hometown after the sudden death of his beloved older brother. Theatre and arts council bring a second showing on Monday at 7 p.m. All seats $10.
• Feb. 4, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice Society presents Time for Spring. Concert featuring violinist Carolyn Cameron and Dawna Kavanagh on piano. Admission by donation, all proceeds to Greater Trail hospice.
• Feb. 6, Trail Seniors’ Centre, 1:30 p.m. for general membership meeting. All welcome including non-members. Entrance at 924 Portland Street. Guest speaker: Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacist for an information session on the shingles vaccination. For more info, contact Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.
• Feb. 9, Red Mountain Resort, 5-9 p.m. Take a Hike Foundation hosts its first annual Moonlight Snowshoe. Live music, hot food, prizes and a chance to spend time connecting with Take a Hike students and staff, all in support of the West Kootenay program. For info call 250.364.1889.
• Feb. 9, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for Laura Landsberg. Versatile doesn’t begin to describe Landsberg, given the range of her voice and the breadth of material she interprets in a jazz style.
• Feb. 10, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. KBRH Health Foundation presents Time for Spring. A concert and song auction featuring violinist Carolyn Cameron and Dawn Kavanagh on piano. Admission by donation to health foundation. RSVP foundation director Lisa Pasin at 250.364.3424.
• Feb. 11, Cominco Gym, 6 p.m. JL Crowe Grade Valentine Dinner and Dance kicks off. Appies 6 p.m., dinner 6:45 p.m., game show 7:30 p.m. dance 9 p.m. Tickets available at Pharmasave Trail.
• Tickets available for Feb. 23 noon banquet in the Trail Seniors’ Centre. 12 p.m. start, music by Don Hollis. For more info call Darlene McIsaac at 250.364.0960 or 250.368.9790.