Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
•Saturday, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. Trail Harmony Choir hosts the International Choral Festival. Wenatchee Apollo Club, the Wenatchee Appleaires, the Camerata Club from Yakima, the Kelowna Spectrum Singers and the Nelson Choral Society.
• Saturday, Rossland United Church, 10 a.m. until noon for a Waffle Coffee Party with all the trimmings, and coffee tea, juice.
• Saturday, St. Rita’s Parish, 1-2:30 p.m. Strawberry Tea & Bake Sale. Entry by donation. All welcome. 1935 East View St., Fruitvale.
• Monday, Trail Seniors’ Centre, 1:30 p.m. for membership meeting. Everyone welcome.
• Tuesday, St. Mike’s gym, 7 p.m. Knights of Columbus present Keith Smyth as Trail/Warfield Citizen of the Year. General public invited to attend the award ceremony and social hour.
• Wednesday, Trail Senior’s Centre, 4-8 p.m. Silver City Days Toonie Dance. Snacks and nonalcoholic beverages. All welcome. Music by Peter Makortoff and Jim Halpin of North of 60.
• Wednesday, Shooting Star Amusements Carnival kicks off Silver City Days in downtown Trail. Classic rides and prize games entertaining for all ages.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery, 6-8 p.m. opening reception for “Functional ART” a Trail Pottery showcase. This year, VISAC and the Trail Pottery Club collaborated over many meetings to create a fresh and fun exhibition highlighting members’ new art pieces. Live demos, artist talks, and refreshments throughout the night. Everyone invited, show runs until May 27.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. for Met Opera Live production, Elektra (Strauss). Soprano Nina Stemme portrays Elektra’s primal quest for vengeance. Mezzo-soprano Waltraud Meier is chilling as Elektra’s fearsome mother, Klytämnestra. Soprano Adrianne Pieczonka and bass Eric Owens are Elektra’s troubled siblings. Chéreau’s musical collaborator, Esa-Pekka Salonen, conducts.
• May 6, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the Trail Ambassador Program presents Miss Trail 2016. Six candidates competing for the title, opening dance and frugal fashion show.
• May 14, Salvation Army Church, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Borscht Luncheon & Bake Sale (or Chicken Vegetable Soup). 2030 Second Ave, Trail. Tickets $6, available at SA Thrift Store.
• May 16, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Paul Meise, Cooper Medical, Kelowna. Last meeting until September. For further info, call 368. 9827 or 365.6276.
• June 2, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Shields Johnston Fielding. Pushing the boundaries of traditional jazz composition through an exploratory approach, the trio’s sound pulls listeners into lush, smoky ballads, driving grooves, and soaring melodies.
To submit email email@example.com.