Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Friday, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the Trail Ambassador Program presents Miss Trail 2016. Six candidates competing for the title, opening dance and frugal fashion show.
• Friday, Colombo Lodge, 5-8 p.m. For Spaghettata. Feast with family and friends, live Italian music. Tickets available at door.
• Saturday, 11 a.m. Trail Firefighters’ Silver City Days Parade. Vintage cars, royalty floats, the Trail Pipe Band with eight other B.C. pipe bands, and more.
• Saturday, Spring Fling. Eight B.C. pipe bands join the Trail Pipe Band for annual competition. 2 p.m. start at the Trail Armoury. Dance competition begins 5 p.m. in the Cominco gym, and concert at 9 p.m. in the Cominco gym.
• Sunday, Gyro Park, for Family Fun Day. Fun Run starts at 9 a.m., Maple Leaf Band kicks off afternoon with classic tunes, food and games for kids. The West Coast Lumberjack Show takews place on the beach at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
• Saturday, Trail Memorial Centre, 8 p.m. until midnight, dance to Gary & the Flashbacks. Tickets on sale at The Doorway, Remax All Pro Realty, and Bailey box office. Must be 19+.
• May 14, Salvation Army Church, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Borscht Luncheon & Bake Sale (or Chicken Vegetable Soup). 2030 Second Ave, Trail. Tickets $6, available at SA Thrift Store.
• May 16, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Paul Meise, Cooper Medical, Kelowna. Last meeting until September. For further info, call 368. 9827 or 365.6276.
• May 28, Trail United Church, 1-3 p.m. the Neighbour Grans to Grans will hold a Strawberry Tea. Generous servings of strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. Tickets, $5.00. All proceeds go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers campaign, to help grandmothers mostly in Sub Sahara Africa who are caring for children whose parents have died of AIDS. To learn more go to Stephenlewisfoundation.org. or contact Joan McKenzie at 368.9509.
• June 2, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Shields Johnston Fielding. Pushing the boundaries of traditional jazz composition through an exploratory approach, the trio’s sound pulls listeners into lush, smoky ballads, driving grooves, and soaring melodies.
• June 2, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore classical trio presents: Music from the Movies (and other Internet lies). Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano) play works of Felix Mendelssohn, Dimitri Shostakovich and Joe Hisaishi. Tickets at the door or advance at Bear Country Kitchen in Rossland.
• June 9, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Music in the Park opens with the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Reels, jigs and traditional Scottish Music.
To submit email email@example.com.