Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Thursday, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Music in the Park opens with the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Reels, jigs and traditional Scottish Music. Admission by donation, toonie suggested. In case of rain, performance will be cancelled.
• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Situated along the picturesque esplanade, takes place every second Friday from June to September and features various local vendors who sell fresh produce, handmade jewelry, soaps, clothing, fresh homemade food and baking and home décor items.
• Saturday, Montrose Family Fun Day, kicks off 8 a.m. Annual Antenna Trail Hike, and pancake breakfast. 11 a.m. parade, followed by family-friendly fun in Montrose Park, featuring Euro Bungee.
• Wednesday, Gyro Park, 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for 9th Annual Teddy Bear Picnic. Entertainment, fun activities from local service providers that celebrate importance of early years.
• Webster PAC is seeking help to unload and assemble the new playground structure on June 24 and June 25. The council has reached its $155,000 fundraising goal for the “Building Pride: New Intermediate Playground” project. To sign up, visit SignUpGenius.com (email@example.com under find a ‘Find a Sign Up’) or call Bridget Kivell at 250.368.8066.
• Registration open for KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic on Friday July 15 at Birchbank Golf Course. For info or to sign up call 250.364.3424 or visit kbrhhealthfoundation.ca. All proceeds support the Elder Care Campaign. Registration opens at 11 a.m. day of, with tee off at 1 p.m. 18 holes of golf followed by dinner and prizes.
• June 16, Trail Seniors Centre, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. for open house. Crib 11 a.m., light lunch at noon, dance to Reg Bozzer, 1-3 p.m. No charge, all welcome.
• June 16, Music in the Park, 7 p.m. presents Trail Maple Leaf Band. Medley of show tunes and more. Don’t forget your lawn chair. By donation, toonie suggested. For info call 364.3003.
• June 18, Bella Tire 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Tire round-up. Gather old tires for recycle and drop off free of charge. Tire Stewardship of BC.
• June 19, Gyro Park, 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. National Aboriginal Day in Trail. Celebrate with Metis and First Nations, culture and history event. Teepees, story telling, food, native dancing and more. Everyone invited. Phone Dale Andrews, 368.7470 for info.
• June 19, Rossland Legion, 7 p.m. , Joe Hill Coffee House winds up its eighth season of being a community venue for performers near and far. Johnny P. Johnson leads with son Javan on fiddle; Gold Fever Follies cast; Marti Daniel sings; Noelle Plamondon makes her Joe Hill; Kiana Tingley, guitar; JP Sykes; and Kootenay Dance Works. Doors open 6 p.m., coffee, tea and goodies.
• June 24, Webster school playground. Webster PAC looking for community members to help assemble new intermediate playground. Also June 25. Call Bridget Kivell for info, 250.368.8066.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.