• Tuesday, Charles Bailey Theatre, The Trail Society for the Performing Arts kicks off the season of eight performances with Axe Capoeira, featuring Brazilian music & dance. TIckets on sale now at the box office. Call 368-9669 or visit trail-arts.com.
• Showing Jessica Gowling’s exhibit “Within the Wilderness.” Traditional hand-pulled prints. Hours Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday 2-6 p.m.
• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Last Friday outdoor market this year. Artisan wares, good eats and more.
• Tuesday, Colander Restaurant at 11:30 a.m. for the Trail/Castlegar Parkinsons Support Group meeting. For info call 367-9258. New members welcome.
• Thursday, Trail curling rink from 7 to 9 p.m. Registration for Monday night ladies curling club. New curlers welcome. For info call 368-3549.
• Waneta Plaza Scrabble Club starts Oct. 17 at 10 a,m. To join and for info call 368-5167.
• October 17, Royal Theatre 7 p.m. for National Theatre Live production of MacBeth. Shakespeare’s tragic tale of ambition and treachery unfolds within the walls of a Manchester church.
• Oct. 19, St Andrew’s United Church in Rossland 1:30-3:30 p.m. for the Rossland Sacred Heart CWL annual Fall Tea and Bazaar. Tickets $4. Bake table and country store, everyone welcome.
• Oct. 19, Colombo Lodge for the annual Columbus Day banquet and wine competition. Five course Italian dinner and dance. Everyone welcome. For info call 368-8921.
• October 20, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Much Ado About Nothing. Shakespeare’s classic comedy is given a contemporary spin.
• October 21, Kiro Wellness Centre 2 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Service Canada rep. For info call, 368-9827 or 365-6276.
Oct. 25, Waneta Plaze from 1 to 3 p.m., the Old Time Fiddlers will be playing in support of the Salvation Army food bank. Please bring a non-perishable food item to show your support,
• Oct. 26, St. Michael’s School 1-3 p.m. for the Holy Trinity Church fall tea and bake sale. Tickets $3. Raffles, sewing, plants and a mystery table.
• Nov. 8 and Nov. 9, Montrose Hall, 10 a.m. start for the Montrose Christmas Craft Fair. Free Admission.
• Nov. 16, Snowflake Gala, Cominco Gym at 6 p.m. Champagne reception, 7 p.m. 5-course dinner. Call 364-3424 for info.Tickets on sale Sept. 3- Nov 8.
• Dec. 5, St. Michael’s School, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Holy Trinity Catholic Parish community craft fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com