• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: diabetic nurse. For further info, please call 250.368.9827 or 250.365.6276.
• Thursday, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Jazz at the Griff presents Joy of Cooking. Led by guitarist Doug Stephenson, this ensemble is the very definition of cool, easy-listening jazz.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion 7 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Performers include: Les Carter, guitar; Peter Pii, country sounds from the Beaver Valley; Matt Goddard, poetry/rap; Austin Castle, Danny Freeway and Dave Scanlan, songs and guitar; and Paul Bowles, poetry, stories, rhythm and tones. Door open 6 p.m. Always looking for new performers, young and old, beginners or polished. All welcome; no auditions. anywhere. For info contact Les Carter, 250-362-5677.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery, 6-8:30 p.m. opening reception for ‘Landscape, Migration, & Wilderness’ an exhibit by local artist Stephanie Kellett. Capture the beauty and accompanying soundscapes created by her partner Robert E. Livingood.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m., Sunday Cinema presents The Eagle Huntress. Documentary follows Aisholpan, a 13-year-old girl, as she trains to become the first female in twelve generations of her Kazakh family to become an eagle hunter.
• Jan. 20, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Baker’s Dozen: Twelve Angry Puppets. A single puppeteer transforms one puppet into twelve jury members, each struggling with our flawed judicial system.
• Feb. 9, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for Laura Landsberg. Versatile doesn’t begin to describe Landsberg, given the range of her voice and the breadth of material she interprets in a jazz style.