• Get active, support the Digital Mammography at KBRH Foundation, at the Zumbathon charity event Saturday at the Cominco gym. Organize a team or come as you are. $60 per person or $55 per individual for a team of three or more. Registration starts at 9 a.m. Zumba from 10 a.m.-1:25 p.m. Door prizes and snacks 1:25- 2 p.m. Top prizes awarded for best-dressed team and most donations raised. Call 364-3424 for more info.
• The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet Monday at the Kiro Wellness Center, 1500 Columbia Avenue, Trail at 2 p.m. Tom McEwan will discuss the Hospice program. For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• Trail/Castlegar Parkinson Support Group will be meeting Tuesday at the Colander at 11:30 a.m. New members welcome. For more info phone 368-5179
• The Kootenay Columbia Learning Centre (Trail Middle School) will be showing off their creations of ceremics and construction at the VISAC Gallery this week with a special reception on Friday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The show runs to Apr. 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mon. to Wed. and 2 to 6 p.m. Thurs. and Fri.
• Join Michael Gifford for a special evening of music, as he passes the torch of the Joe Hill Coffee House to a new group of promoters, 7 p.m. Sunday at the Miners Hall in Rossland. $3.
• The Selkirk Trio with Cellist Nicola Everton, formerly of the Vancouver Symphony, Jeff Faragher in the Kootenay Symphony and Susan Gould a pianist from Godlen perform at the Rouge Gallery, 7:30 pm, Saturday. $15 tickets available at the Rouge Gallery.
• Trail Knights of Pythias present Ballroom Dancing to the big band sounds of “The SwingSationS” featuring a variety of dance styles for all ages. Saturday at the KP Hall, 942 Eldorado Street, Trail, from 8 p.m. – midnight. Advance tickets can be purchased at Mallard’s in Castlegar and Trail Coffee & Tea Co. in Trail. Out of town guests can reserve tickets by calling 367-6115. Tickets $15.
• The U-19 Film Festival rolls off the reel Saturday at the Royal Theatre. Join the filmmakers and paparazzi at the Big Red Carpet Event at the Royal from noon to 4:30 p.m. and enjoy door prizes, food, music and people’s choice awards as they reveal the festival winners, $5 admission.
• Come out for the annual Dam Run on Sunday Choose a 5km or 10-kilometre distance then stick around for prizes and refreshments after the race. Meet at the pull out on Hwy 22A near the Waneta border. Register at Gerick’s or at the starting line at 9:30 a.m., race starts at 10 a.m.
• Help send local Beavers to Camp. Come to the Warfield Hall, Saturday and browse children’s items including clothes, toys, gear, sporting goods, maternity and more. $2 donation at the door gets you a drink and a snack served by a Beaver. Tables are $15 each. Please call Katy Dunsmore by Apr. 12th at 368-9390 to book table
• The Beaver Valley Rotary Club is organizing a Craft Fair at the Fruitvale Hall on Saturday. Admission $2, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
• Columbia View Lodge’s Community Coffee Party and Bazaar goes Saturday, 1:30 -3 p.m. serving up a fine selection of ceramics, crafts, and delicious baking and refreshments.
• Be Aware – Join crime prevention officer Gordon Sims for a discussion on identity theft and fraud, Apr. 19, 10:30 a.m. Trail United Church.
• The 2012 “Bridal and Baby Fair” is flocking to the Riverbelle on Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Come look for the latest styles or reserve your own table. Call JFR Marketing to book, 231-7182.
• Prevention of Violence Against Women Week presents the Clothesline Project. A display of locally created handpainted T-shirts can be viewed outside Trail’s Ferraro Foods, Monday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• An informational session entitled “Because Life Goes On: Surviving Relationship Abuse” runs at the Trail and District Public Library Apr. 19 at 8 p.m. Meet with specialized victim service staff, legal resources, safety planning and support services. Call Fair at 364-2326 for more info.
• West Kootenay Archers Spring Shoot takes aim Apr. 21-22 at the Archery Range on Casino Road. For more info phone 367-6283.
To submit an event email to email@example.com.