Remembrance Day schedules:
– 10:30 a.m. the parade from the Fortis Building to the Cenotaph.
– 10:45 a.m. singing of O Canada. WWII veteran May Batch and JL Crowe student Emily Dawson will be reading the honor roll names.
– 11 a.m. the Last Post followed by two minutes of silence.
– 1 p.m. refreshments at the Legion.
– 10:45 a.m. with honour guard and “O Canada” led by Tracy Johnston. Stephen Piccolo, retired warrant officer with the Canadian Armed Forces, will read honour roll. Laying of the wreaths will be followed by Clara and Julia Halbert reading “In Flanders Field.” After service hot chocolate and cookies served by the Girl Guides.
– 10 a.m. service held at the Royal Canadian Legion hall followed by a march to the Cenotaph at 10:45.
– 11 a.m. ceremony and laying of wreaths.
– 1 p.m. activities shift back to the Legion hall including music by the Trail Pipe Band and the Golden City Fiddlers.