The Trail Historical Society has kindly shared photos and stories on the region’s history
The Daly Pavilion opened in 1970 and was originally called the Columbia Unit. The name was changed in 1977 to honour the late Dr. James Stuart Daly who played a significant role in the development of mental health services in Trail.
James Stuart Daly was born in Lyn, Ontario, in 1904, the middle child of Rev. Charles H. Daly and Margaret C. Calnan.