• Rossland Light Opera Players presents live dinner theatre, “Murder at Crooked House,” Saturday at the Rossland Miners Hall. Doors open at 6 p.m., dinner 6:30, show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $35, available at RossVegas, Rossland ProHardware and Fruitvale Hometown Video. Advance sales only.
• The Rossland Council for Arts and Culture presents, “I Ain’t Dead Yet.” Written and performed by Tim Machin, the one-man show is based on the life and times of Woody Guthrie, the famous American folk singer and social activist. Nov. 18, at the Rossland Miners Hall, 8 p.m. Tickets $12 in advance available at the Cellar in Rossland or $15 at the door.
• Sunday Cinema presents “Life, Above All.” Gossip in a small South African town destroys a family and forces a mother and daughter to flee their home. Sensing the gossip stems from prejudice and superstition, the daughter leaves home and school in search of her mother and the truth. Royal Theatre 4 p.m., tickets $9.
• Wild at Heart roars into being at the Visac Gallery in Trail. Local artists celebrate the wilds of the Kootenays and how it has shaped residents’ lives and culture. Exhibit displays until Nov. 18, Monday to Friday, 1-4 p.m.
• Do you like to sing? The Trail Harmony Choir invites all who love to sing to join us. We practice on Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the J. L. Crowe music room. For more information call Liz at 512-8021.
• Trail/Castlegar Parkinson Support Group will meet Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. in the Colander, new members welcome. For further information call 368-5179.
• The Alzheimer Society is presenting “Dementia/Alzheimer Caregiver Education,” a two-session workshop for caregivers of people with Alzheimer disease or related dementias. Sessions will be held at Selkirk College, Castlegar, tonight and Nov. 17. Pre-register by calling the college at 365-1208, registration fee is $40. For more info call the Alzheimer Society 352-6788.
• Get a jump on the holiday season, visit the popular Fruitvale Christmas Craft Fair as it rolls out a variety of homemade goods this weekend. Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fruitvale Memorial Centre.
• Home Security/ Neighbourhood Watch is running a workshop showing how to make your residence more secure and safer from becoming the victim of a break-in or other crime. Monday, 2-3:30 p.m. Trail Memorial Centre, Fitness Studio. Call 364-0888 to pre-register, Free.
• The Trail FAIR Society, is starting a parent drop-in group on Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m. It is free and children are welcome. Trail Middle School Room 211. Contact 364.2326 for more info.
• Become a host family for Rossland Rotary’s Youth Exchange program and welcome an international student into your home for 3 months. Contact Susan van Asselt at 362-5161 or email@example.com