• Saturday, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., 13th Annual Tuesday Morning Quilters show and sale. Craft and “what not” table. All proceeds to local charities, admission by donation.
• Saturday, Rossland United Church (with the red roof) 5-7 p.m. Bring the family out for delicious turkey buffet dinner with all the trimmings and great desserts. For ticket info, call Doreen Hrappsted, 362.5757.
• Saturday, Graveyard Walk begins in downtown Trail and runs until Halloween. Spooks and Kootenay ghost legends invade the incrEDIBLE trail. Fifty grave markers displays, 70 Halloween lamp posts, and Spook Square adorned with life-size character displays.
• Sunday, Senior’s hall in the Greater Trail Community Centre (basement) 1:30 p.m., a workshop on sleep problems. Everyone welcome, all ages. Anyone needing a ride, call 362.5767 or 367.9791.
• Wednesday, St. Andrew United Church Annex (Rossland), 7 p.m. West Kootenay Friends of Refugees will be speaking on their work, Fugees: The West Kootenay Response.
• Tonight, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. presents Hamlet, National Theatre Live in HD.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Testament of Youth.
• Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for the John Welsh Band.
• Bill Edmonds: Talking to Strangers. Current exhibit of paintings inspired by pictures and online texts sent to Edmonds by strangers. Artist meet and talk Nov. 21, 6:30-8 p.m. Runs until Nov. 21. For info call Director Kristin Renn, 364.1181.
• Oct. 31, Special Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Spooktacular event includes Downtown business Trick or Treat, Kidsport pumpkin golf, United Way pumpkin pie fundraiser, hay bale maze, marshmallow roast, PT the Clown in the Charles Bailey Theatre, sponsored by Teck, show at 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 2:30 p.m. Free All Ages Halloween Movie at the Royal Theatre, 3 p.m.
• Oct. 31, Trail Memorial Centre, free Halloween skate 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Kids rink, disco ball, fog machine strobe lights and laser beams.
• Nov. 7, St. Rita’s Church, Fruitvale, doors open 1 p.m. for Christmas Tea & Bake Sale. Runs until 2:30 p.m. Admission $4, door prize.
• Nov. 14, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for the Tequila Mockingbird Orchestra. Rossland council for Arts and Culture presents bluegrass, and roots music with influences from Flamenco and African percussion.
• Jan. 22, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for Remi Bolduc Jazz Ensemble. An evening of Jazz in tribute to Dave Brubeck.