• Saturday, 1300 block of Cedar Avenue, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. Volunteer-run, supporting locally grown, raised, baked and wildly harvested goods. Runs again June 17.
• Saturday, Trail Horseman Grounds, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The West Kootenay Chapter of Back Country Horseman invite horse-crazy kids ages 7-14 to the grounds (across from Trail airport) for a free event to learn about horses, including horse care, horse tack, horse feeding, and horse training. First 100 kids receive a free horse ride donated by Harding Heights Ranch. For info, contact email@example.com.
• Sunday, Gyro Park, 10 a.m. Walk to Fight Arthritis. Registration 8:30 a.m. For more info, visit walktofightarthritis.ca.
• Register open now and until June 7 for the 8th Annual Kids Triathlon happening on Saturday, June 10 at the Trail Aquatic Centre. Fun event for ages 4 to 12 includes swimming, biking and then running to the finish line. Detailed schedule available upon registration. Fee is $38, and includes race entry, t-shirt, swim cap, water bottle, race package with goodies, the finish line prize and the celebration lunch. Call parks and rec at 250.364.0858 or the Aquatic Centre at 250.364.0888.
• Registration open for KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic slated for Friday July 21, at Birchbank Golf Course. Day-of registration opens at 11 a.m., tee- off 1 p.m., 18 holes of golf followed by dinner and prizes. All proceeds support the Endoscopy Campaign. For info or to register call 250.364.3424 or visit www.kbrhhealthfoundation.ca
• Friday, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. JL Crowe Players presents West Side Story. Runs again Saturday. Based on a conception of Jerome Robbins, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is transported to 1950s New York City as two young, idealistic lovers find themselves caught between warring street gangs, the ‘American’ Jets and the Puerto Rican Sharks.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 7:30 p.m. SwingSations brings an evening of dancing and big-band sounds. All welcome. Tickets, $20 each, available at Trail Coffee &Tea Co., Country Roads General Store in Fruitvale, or reserve at 250.367.6115. Dance ends at 10:30 p.m.
• June 9, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hosted by City of Trail and United Way of Trail and District. Family favourite, features vendors selling fresh produce, handmade jewelry, soaps, clothing, baking, home decor and more. Runs Fridays on June 9 and June 13, July 7 and July 21, August 4 and August 18, and Sept 15. Evening editions will go from 4-8 p.m. July 12, Aug. 30, and Sept. 6. Spooktacular 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Oct. 28.
• June 9, Montrose Park at dusk. Fireworks launch 61st annual Montrose Family Fun Day.
• June 10, Montrose 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Family Fun Day. 8 a.m. Antenna Trail Hike; 8-10 a.m. Pancake Breakfast; 11 a.m. Parade down 9th Avenue to 3rd Street; Noon until 4 p.m. kids activities in the water park; 1 p.m. dog show; 3 p.m. cake walk; 5 p.m. steak and hamburger dinner Tickets available village office until June 1.