• Wild at Heart roars into being at the Visac Gallery in Trail. Local artists celebrate the wilds of the Kootenays and how it has shaped residents’ lives and culture. Exhibit displays until Nov. 18, Monday to Friday, 1-4 p.m.
•The Italo-Canadese Society’s Fall Banquet and Dance is kicking up their heals on Saturday at the Italo-Canadese Hall, book your tickets in advance by calling 368-3268 or 364-1420.
• The Trail Society for the Performing Arts presents the “Buddy Holly Story,” highlighting the talent and passion of the 50’s singer. Monday, 7:30 pm at the Charles Bailey Theatre; tickets $30, call 368-9669 for more info.
• Do you like to sing? The Trail Harmony Choir invites all who love to sing to join us. We practice on Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the J. L. Crowe music room. For more information call Liz at 512-8021.
Rossland Light Opera Players presents live dinner theatre, “Murder at Crooked House,” Saturday at Fruitvale Hall and Nov. 12 at the Rossland Miner’s Hall. Doors open at 6 p.m., dinner 6:30, show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $35, available at RossVegas, Rossland ProHardware and Fruitvale Hometown Video. Advance sales only.
• The Alzheimer Society is presenting “Dementia/Alzheimer Caregiver Education”, a two-session workshop for caregivers of people with Alzheimer disease or related dementias. Sessions will be held at Selkirk College, Castlegar, Nov. 10 and 17. Pre-register by calling the college at 365-1208, registration fee is $40. For more info call the Alzheimer Society 352-6788.
• The Neighbourhood Grans to Grans are having a coffee party and bake sale in the Warfield Hall on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. $3 admissions, all proceeds go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation. Call 368-9509 for more info.
• Rosemay Phillips presents “One Seed”, the storybook and song about a seed that decided to grow when all the other seeds said it was impossible and couldn’t be done, live at Cafe Books West, 2063 Washington Street in Rossland, on Saturday at 1 p.m.
• The Trail FAIR Society, is starting a parent drop-in group on Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m. It is free and children are welcome. Trail Middle School Room 211. Contact 364.2326 for more info.
•Become a host family for Rossland Rotary’s Youth Exchange program and welcome an international student into your home for 3 months. Contact Susan van Asselt at 362-5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Fruitvale Christmas Craft Fair is just around the corner, come out and get a jump on the holiday season. Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Home Security/ Neighbourhood Watch is running a workshop showing how to make your residence more secure and safer from becoming the victim of a break-in or other crime. Nov. 14, 2-3:30 p.m. Trail Memorial Centre, Fitness Studio. Call 364-0888 to pre-register, Free.
• Enjoy an evening of ballroom dancing to the big-band sounds of the SwingSations. Experience not necessary, come watch and learn at the Colombo Hall, Nov. 19, 8-12 p.m. Tickets $15 available at Trail Coffee and Tea Co., Mallards or call 367-6115.
•CLINK for the Cure Saturday, November 19th at 7:00 pm at Trail Royal Canadian Legion Tickets $25.00 per person and available at Bears Country Kitchen in Rossland, Country Roads in Fruitvale; Ferraro Foods in Trail, Trail Royal Canadian Legion & Canadian Cancer Society Office in Trail.
Call the Canadian Cancer Society at 250-364-0403 for more information. Come out for a fun time together with friends in support of the Canadian Cancer Society.
To submit an event or announcement to Grapevine email email@example.com.