Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, we suggest you contact our advertising department.
• Friday, Cafe Americano at 1425 Bay Ave., at 6:30 p.m. for the Charity Fashion Show, hosted by Lisa Frisk Esthetics and Aria Art of Hair. Fashion, live music, silent auction and more. Admission by donation. Call 231-5181 for more information.
• Saturday, St Rita’s Parish Hall, Fruitvale. Strawberry Tea & Bake Sale 1 to 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Rossland St, Andrew’s United Church from 10 a.m. until noon. Coffee party and bake sale. Admission by donation.
• Saturday, Trail United Church (Knox Hall) at 9 a.m. for an old fashion “Rummage Sale.” Proceeds will go to the local food bank and Camp Koolaree
• Saturday, Mall parking lot near the Waneta Gas Bar, registration at 9 a.m. Harley Davidson ‘Test Your Metal” motorcycle demo event. Riders sign up for a demo ride time during the 10 a.m. to 3:30 (weather permitting)
• Wednesday, Trail United Church at 10:30 a.m. Gordon Sims, RCMP Crime Prevention Officer for the City of Trail, will be speaking on the Gatekeeper program. “The key to community-based care for high-risk elderly.”
• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. The RLOP & Missoula Children’s Theatre present Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.This year, School District 20’s elementary students will star. Tickets at the box office, $9.
• May 10, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. The crowning of Miss Trail Ambassador, the culmination of 7 months of preparation and training of talented young women (15-17 years old) from the community. Tickets $15.
• May 11, The KP Hall on Eldorado Street, from 8-11 p.m. Trail Knights of Pythias present: Ballroom Dancing to the big-band sounds of the “SwingSationS.” Featuring a variety of dance styles for all ages! Tickets $15, at Trail Coffee and Tea Co., or Mallard’s Source for Sports in Castlegar. Out-of-towners may reserve tickets by calling 367-6115
• May 12, Royal Theatre at 11 a.m. The Bolshoi Ballet performs Romeo & Juliet
• May 16, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans ‘Cabin Fever.” Tickets, $45, now on sale at the box office or call 1-866-368-9669.
• May 19, the Summer Kootenay Skateboard Series will kick off in Kaslo.This summer marks the fourth year that the event has been running providing opportunities for skaters to mix and like minded people to share in the Kootenay Skateboard Culture. For more info, email kootenayskateboardseries.org
• May 22, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Kevin Armstrong, a versatile and unorthodox performer with an international career, will be bringing his hit one-man show, “Opera for Heathens” to the Muriel Griffiths room. Tickets $12, available at the door.
• May 23, Kiro Wellness Centre at 1 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Rob Elliott, Hollister representative. For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276. Note time change. Last meeting until September
• Saturday, May 25, 6:30 p.m., Kootenay DanceWorks presents An Evening of Gratitude. Annual showcase of Talent. Tickets $12..
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com