• Thursday, Rossland Museum at 6 p.m. Historical lecture series presents Takaia Larsen, “Sowing the Seeds: Women, Work and Memory in Trail BC During and After the Second World War” (2010). Call 362-7722 for info.
• Friday, Haley Park, at dusk (7-7:30 p.m.) Kootenay Savings Family Movie in the Park presents Disney’s Wreck It Ralph. Admission free, bring lawn chair, warm clothes and a non-perishable food item for Trail food bank. Info, call 368-2683.
• Saturday, deadline to register for the Trail Legion’s fun golf and supper event at Champion Lakes Golf Course Sept. 14. golf $15, steak supper at 6 p.m. $15. Music by Sheryl Greenfield. Call 364-1422 for info.
• Saturday, Rossland Golden City Days, Revival of the outhouse races. Have a blast pushing your outhouse down the street to the toilet plunger finish. Register now. Call Mike 362-5244 or email email@example.com.
• Monday, St. Andrews, alley entrance off Eldorado St. in Trail, at 7 p.m. Columbia Phoenix Players are holding auditions for their Phoenix Cafe lV. Must be 13 years of age or older. One act plays, skits and more. Contact Helen 362-7325 for info.
• Nancy Greene Summit hut crew needs help cleaning up and repairing day-use huts around the summit. Call Les Carter, 362-5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
• Tuesday, the VISAC Gallery reopens after the summer hiatus. Now showing is Trail photographer Ursula Albresch’s exhibit “Graffiti Time and Elements,” which explores the exuberantly vibrant world of graffiti on train cars. Gallery hours Mon-Wed, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thu-Fri, 2 – 6 p.m. Admission by donation.
• Thursday, Royal Theatre, 7:00 p.m. for “The Audience.” An encore presentation of Helen Mirren’s stage presentation of Queen Elizabeth ll broadcast live from London as part of National Theatre Live. Tickets $10.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 11:30 a.m. presents BBC Last Night of the Proms, The National Theatre Live, Dance Series and Met Opera. Tickets at the door.
• Sept. 14, Celebrate the Sanctuary 15 th anniversary Alley Bash. Kick off event free family matinee at the Royal Theatre at 2 p.m. followed by a 6:30 p.m. champagne reception. For info, cal1 368-9234 or 368-8782.
• Sept. 18-Dec. 4, Trail Alliance Church, 7-9 p.m. The Alpha Course, join us for dessert, videos and great discussions. Free. RSVP email@example.com.
• Sept. 15, Rossland Miners Hall, Joe Hill Coffee House returns. Doors open at 6 p.m. Performances at 7 p.m. Admission $3, students and kids free. Coffee & goodies sold by local drama students. Joe Hill Coffee House is always interested in new performers. Try your wings in public, singing, playing, dancing, reading poetry, whatever your talent. No auditions. Contact Les Carter for info, 362-5677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sept. 19, Rossland Museum, 6 p.m. Frances Welwood speaks about Annie Garland Foster, the first women elected to Nelson City Council in 1920 and was connected to a West Kootenay murder case. Based on her book, “Passing Through Missing Pages.”
• September 20, West Kootenay Ostomy Education Seminar at the Royal Canadian Legion, Castlegar, BC, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Guest speakers and product reps will be on hand. Door prizes and free lunch. To register, call 1-800-663-5111. For further info, call 368-9827.
• Sept. 22, Royal Theatre Sunday Cinema returns with Still Mine. Based on true events and wry humour of an 89-year old New Brunswicker. $9.00 per show/$40.00 for the series. All shows at 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
• Sept. 25, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, 1347 Pine Ave. Trail at 7:30 p.m. Saskia & Darrel: The Great Plains. Bluegrass Celtic, Gospel and Fold. Lead vocals and harmonies. Tickets $10. Info, call 368-6666.
• Oct 2, Rossland Gallery, 7:30 pm for a performance by La Cafamore. Two piano trios, Hadyn’s Gypsy, lively Hungarian gypsy music; and Beethoven’s Archduke, expansive themes and orchestral-like music
• Nov. 16, Snowflake Gala, Cominco Gym at 6 p.m. Champagne reception, 7 p.m. 5-course dinner. Call 364-3424 for info. Tickets on sale Sept. 3- Nov 8.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com