• Tonight, Muriel Griffiths room at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the “chilled out” music of JazzWest, featuring Clinton Swanson on sax; Juno-nominated Melody Diachun’s vocals; and guitarist Doug Stephen. $7 advance, $10 at the door. For table reservations, contact 368-9669.
• Saturday, the Italo-Canadese Society’s Valentine banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 Dinner 6:00, Tickets $32. Dance to the music of Timetrap. Advance tickets at 368-3268 or 368-5291. Door Prize Draw
• Saturday, the Senior Citizens Centre will host a dance from 2-4 p.m. Admission $2. For more info contact 364-0960.
• Saturday, Trail Legion at 5 p.m. for cocktails, dinner at 6 p.m. dancing starts at 8 p.m. Bring your valentine to dinner and dance to the big band sound of The SwingSationS. Tickets $25 ea. Phone 231-6562 for info and tickets.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall at 6 p.m., performances at 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House presents a variety of performers with something for everyone. Eva and Michael Gifford, good ole songs; cellist Bronwyn LeBlanc; Kootenay Dance Works; guitarist Max Hawk; 3-part harmony of the Foggy Goggle Boys; drama by Keith Simmonds; guitarists Paul Dasti and Aaron Andrews. Admission $3, kids and students free. Goodies by the RSS drama club.
• Saturday, Salmo Youth & Community Centre, (Multipurpose room) on 7th St., from 10 a.m.-noon. Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance presents a workshop on how to apply for an Arts, Culture and Heritage grant from Columbia Basin Trust. Free, registration not required.
• Monday, the Kiro Wellness Centre, 1500 Columbia Ave., at 1 p.m. The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. For more info call 368-9827 or 365-6276. Guest speakers, please note: time change.
• Tuesday, Trail Hospital (outside) from 1-3 p.m. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors’ Memorial Vigil for “Services Lost” will be held.
• Tuesday, the Colander Restaurant at 11:30. The Trail/Castlegar Parkinson’s support group will meet. New members welcome. Call 368-5179.
• Feb. 21, Trail United Church from noon until 1 p.m. Lenten lunch series hosts “Living Faithfully”, Guest speaker Rev. Doug Lewis. Bring a bag lunch, refreshments provided. For more info call Kathy at 362-5882
• Feb. 22 & 23, The Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. RLOP presents “The Show must go on.” Songs and scenes from past shows, celebrating 60 years of memories. $19 adult, $14 children 12 and under.
•Feb. 25, the Genelle Hall at 8 p.m. W.K. Naturalist’s month-end presentation: Hanne Smith will talk of 6 months spent with baboons in the Gombe Stream Reserve, Tanzania. All welcome. More info: 362-7424
• March 1, the Trail United Church at 1:30 p.m. for the World Day of Prayer 2013. Everybody welcome. For more info call Gerie at 368-3984
• March 13, Columbia View Lodge at 10 a.m. The annual general meeting of the Trail and District Senior Publishers (Best Years). All are welcome. For more info, call Gerie Timbrell at 368-3984.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com