• Saturday, Prestige Mountain Resort in Rossland, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. for Rossland’s Homespun Christmas Craft Fair. Admission $3.
• Saturday, Fruitvale United Church, 1-3 p.m. Granny’s Corner, ‘A Christmas Tree’ tea, goodies and bake sale.
• Saturday, Trail Legion, 5 p.m. doors open for the Trail Caledonian Society’s annual St. Andrew’s Day Family Potluck and Celebration. Supper 6 p.m., social to follow. Bring a dish to share, your family, friends and musical instruments for a Celtic jam session. Memberships to the Caledonian Society will be available. For more info, phone Jessie 250.364.9911.
• Saturday, Holy Trinity Church, 7 p.m. Catholic parishes are hosting a “Homecoming” with a special welcome to all, especially those who have been away for any length of time. Runs again Sunday, mass time 9:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, (Nov. 29) Rossland Secondary School, 5-8 p.m. for 3rd Annual Christmas Market. Thirty vendors, painters, potters, glass and many other artists. Live music and snacks. Admission $2. School fundraiser for the cafeteria rejuvenation project.
• Friday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 7:30-10:30 p.m. SwingSationS bring an evening of dancing to the big-band sounds. All welcome. Tickets $20 each, available at Trail Coffee & Tea, Mallard’s Source For Sports in Castlegar and Country Roads General Store in Fruitvale. To reserve call 250.367.6115.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema showing Tulip Fever. An artist falls for a young married woman while he’s commissioned to paint her portrait during the Tulip mania of 17th century Amsterdam.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery, 4-7 p.m. The Visac Pottery Club is having a pottery sale. Lots of locally handmade pottery to choose from. Runs again Saturday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Dec. 1, Waneta Plaza Centre Court, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Light Up the Hospitals Pledge Day hosted by the KBRH Health Foundation. Live entertainment starts at 11:30 a.m., Santa and more. Support your local hospital foundations by visiting Waneta Plaza or calling 1.888.364.3424.
• Dec. 1, Trail Ferraro Foods, 10 a.m.to 6 p.m. Stuff the Bus with Trail Transit. Help fill a bus with non-perishable food items in support of the Salvation Army Food Bank. Runs again Saturday, 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. BBQ by donation both days, 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2, Trail United Church 10 a.m. to noon. Christmas Coffee Party, bake table, toonie table. Admission by donation.
• Dec. 2, Rossland Miners Hall, 8 p.m. Rotary Club of Rossland presents the Maritime Kitchen Party. Music and dancing at 9 p.m. Tickets at Out of the Cellar.
• Dec. 2, Columbia View Lodge 1:30-2:45 p.m. Community Christmas Tea. Admission by donation. Everyone is welcome.
• Dec. 5, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Performing Arts Trail presents Lizzy Hoyt: A Christmas Show.
• Dec. 7, Rossland Sacred Heart, 7 p.m. hosting annual Advent Music Celebration. Everyone welcome to enjoy an evening of music by several choirs. Hot chocolate and cookies served afterwards.
• Dec. 10, Trail United Church, Knox Hall 1 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice hosts “Hope for the Holidays”- a time of sharing and understanding for all bereaved members of the community. Sponsored by Alternatives Funeral and Cremation Services.
• Dec. 13, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Rotary Club of Trail presents the Rotary Carol Festival. Maple Leaf Band, 7:15 p.m. followed by choirs including: Trail Harmony Choir, Rossland Glee Club, Twin Rivers Community Choir, Kootenay Women’s Ensemble, Salvation Army Choir, and St. Michael’s. An evening of beautiful music in preparation for the holidays and a fundraiser for Salvation Army Christmas hampers.