•Tonight, Waneta Plaza’s Annual Christmas Craft Fair, open during mall hours until Sunday. Come out to support local crafters and find unique gift ideas.
•Rossland Light Opera Players call for auditions for this year’s production of Brigadoon. Tonight read-thrus at 7 p.m. Chorus auditions (new members): Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. Principal auditions: Nov. 29 at 7 p.m.
•Tonight, Rossland Public Library with Rossland Council for Arts and Culture, present a double film screening at the Miner’s Hall, starting at 6:30 p.m. ˙A Drummer’s Dream” and ˙Surviving Progress” will be featured.
•Community dinner for the Kootenay South Metis Society, Saturday at 5 p.m. in the United Church hall, 1300 Pine Ave., Trail. Members and friends welcome. No admission charge.
•Ladies Auxiliary Branch 11 is having its fall tea on Saturday, from 1-3 p.m. at the Trail Legion. Door prizes,$3.
• The Trail Knights of Pythias present Ballroom Dancing to big band sounds of The SwingSationS in the KP Hall, 942 Eldorado Street, Trail. Saturday, 8-11 p.m. Tickets are $15 and available at Trail Coffee and Tea Co., and Mallard’s Source for Sports in Castlegar. Out-of-towners may reserve tickets by calling 367-6115
• Columbia Phoenix Players present “Phoenix Cafe III” on Friday and Saturday in the lower level of St. Andrews Church in Trail. Tickets $10 available at: Got Juiced-Trail, On the Edge-E.Trail, and Mystic Beauty, Fruitvale, also at the door. Two hours of one act plays and skits and an enticing silent auction. Refreshments available by donation. For information call Jessie 364-9911 or Jean 367-6365.
•WK Naturalists presentation on Monday: Living Off the Land, a talk by educator Les Anderson. Trail Selkirk College Seniors Centre, south entry, at 8 p.m. Listen to anecdotes from his childhood in remote N. Sask. Info: 362 – 7424
•Friends of the Rossland Range Annual General Meeting goes Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Sacred Heart Catholic Parish Hall in Rossland. All welcome.
•The Salvation Army Christmas Hamper Applications will be available from Nov. 9 until Dec. 7 at Kate’s Kitchen, The Salvation Army Food Bank, 730 Rossland Ave. Trail. The Applications will only be available at this office, between 9 a.m and 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
•Columbia View Lodge Christmas Tea and Bazaar Saturday, Dec. 1 1-3 p.m. Admission is by donation with all proceeds to Columbia View Lodge Residents’ Council
•Trail United Church holding a Christmas coffee party at Know Hall. Dec. 1, 10 a.m. until noon. Bake table included, admission by donation.
•Saturday Dec. 1 at 6 p.m. Studio Labelle Dance presents Alice in Paris. An evening of classical ballet, french culture and photo booth with Santa.Fruitvale Community Hall. Tickets $8 children under 10 free.
•St. Andrew’s Day Dinner at the Anglican Church in Trail, on Dec. 1 at 5:30 p.m. Roast beef dinner, Scottish entertainment, silent auction. Tickets available at L’Bears Health Food Store or St. Andrew’s church, tel: 368-5581.
•Sunday Cinema presents “Middle of Nowhere” (to be confirmed) 4:30 p.m. Royal Theatre, admission $9. Follow Ruby, a medical student who sets aside her dreams when her husband is incarcerated. As the couple stares into the hollow end of an eight-year prison sentence, Ruby must learn to live another life, one marked by shame and separation. But through a chance encounter and a stunning betrayal this steadfast wife is soon propelled in new and shocking direction of self-discovery.
• The Visac Gallery explores the allure and accessibility of hand-made books. Artists Nyla Raney and Jenn Hamm will be displaying work from their regional Book Arts project ‘Speaking Volumes’. A special feature in this exhibit is a private collection of international mail art and hand made books by local artist Gail D. Whitter. The exhibit runs until Friday. Gallery hours are: Monday to Wednesday, 10-2, and Thursday-Friday, 2-6. Admission is by donation.
• The Trail Market goes Nov. 30 in the Cominco Gym from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. If interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144
• Rossland Sacred Heart Church will be hosting its Annual Advent Music Celebration on Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to enjoy some music and meditation. Hot Chocolate and cookies will be served afterwards in the Parish Hall.
•The Compassionate Friends of Trail, Fruitvale and Nelson will host a candlelight memorial service Dec.9 at 2 p.m. in the Trail United Church. Friends and family welcome. Followed by light refreshments. For more info call Sherrie Brown
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com