Thursday, Cornerstone Cafe, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Community Conversation. Hospice hosts discussion about research findings from Trail/Castlegar study of an innovative way to use volunteers to support older adults living with advanced chronic illness. Everyone welcome. RSVP Brenda Hooper, 250.364.6204.
• Thursday, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. JL Crowe Variety Show. Crowe students showcase their talent.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 6 p.m. doors open for Joe Hill Coffee House. Performers include: Brynn Streadwick, ukulele; and the Rossland Songwriters Circle. Always looking for new performers, beginners or polished. All welcome; no auditions. For more info contact Les Carter at email@example.com, or 250.362.5677.
• Thursday, VISAC Gallery, 6-8:30 p.m. Opening reception for ‘Young Minds, Emerging Thoughts’ exhibit.Features three artists, Madeline Grace-Wood, Kaylee Colquhoun, and Ivana Waning from J.L. Crowe. Adding to the art works, VISAC will be creating an installation piece to be grown inside the exhibit. All welcome.
• Monday, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, 1-3 p.m. The Society for the Protection and Care of Seniors’ annual Memorial Vigil for “Services Lost” will be held outside hospital.
• Tuesday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet (note date change). Scheduled guest: Discussion on stress management. For further info, please call 250.368.9827 or 250.365.6276.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Moonlight. Life of a black gay youth named Chiron as he grows up in a rough neighbourhood in Miami.
• Feb, 23, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Trail drummer Tony Ferraro will be joining the Mike Fahie Quartet. Features New York-based trombonist Mike Fahie, Nelson’s Rob Fahie on double bass and guitarist Doug Stephenson, performing jazz re-imaginings of Bach, Tchaikovsky and other classical composers.
• Feb. 25, Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. Tom Cochrane celebrates the 25th anniversary of his hit album “Mad, Mad World,” with a Canada-wide tour.
• March 1, Community Volunteer Income Tax Program begins. Free-of-charge service to low income individuals who satisfy certain limits and restrictions. First-come basis. Mondays, 9-11 a.m. at Trail Senior Citizens’ Branch, Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 a.m. in Kate’s Kitchen on Rossland Avenue, Wednesdays from 9-11 a.m. at Trail FAIR, Thursdays from 9-11 a.m. at Beaver Valley Manor and Fridays 9-11 a.m. in Esling Park Lodge, Rossland. Runs until April 21.
• March 3, Sacred Heart Church, Rossland. 1:30 p.m. for 2017 World Day of Prayer Service written by the women of the Philippines. All are welcome.
• March 18, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon for St. Patrick’s Day Coffee Party in Knox Hall. Bake and toonie tables. Admission by donation, all welcome.