• Thursday, Trail City Hall, 11 a.m. for Métis Flag Raising.
• Friday, Riverbelle 6-9 p.m. Mistletoe Market. Plenty of local vendors with gift ideas. Admission $2, 10 per cent of vendor sales donated to Trail branch of BC SPCA. Runs again on Saturday, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. 1350 Esplanade Ave., Trail.
• Saturday, Warfield Community Hall, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Craft and Vendor fair. For info call the village office at 250.368.8202.
• Saturday, Trail Presbyterian Church, 1:30-3:30 p.m. for Yuletide Tea. Bake sale, crafts, door prizes, everyone welcome $3 per person.
• Saturday, Trail United Church, 5 p.m. Kootenay South Métis community banquet. For info call Myrt, 250.368.7371.
• Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall, 2 p.m. Rossland Council for Arts and Culture will present the annual Reel Youth Film Festival. Insightful, diverse, compelling and humorous collection of short films from across the globe all made by youth. Admission $5 at the door. For more info contact RCAC’s Sammantha Parrott at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Monday (Nov. 20), Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Group will be doing its annual Christmas craft. For more info, call 250.368.9827 or 250.365.6276.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema showing Tanna. Set on a remote Pacific island this heartfelt story, enacted by the Yakel tribe, tells of a sister’s loyalty, a forbidden love affair and the pact between the old ways and the new.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 6:30 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House. Performances begin 7 p.m. Michael Gifford, Kootenay Dance Works, Julia Halbert, Gabe Mann, North Side Bluegrass Trio, Kootenay Jack and Marti Daniel. Always looking for new performers, all welcome; no auditions. For more info contact Les Carter at email@example.com or call 250.362.5677.
• VISAC Gallery, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday showing Art Surviving; fundraiser show for Syrian artists Saad and Amr Zwayne.
• Nov. 23, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for Kootenay Jazz Ensemble. Donnie Clark on trumpet, Clinton Swanson on saxophones, Doug Stephenson on guitar, and Rob Fahie on acoustic bass. Blending melody, improv, harmony, and textures these four veteran jazz musicians deliver a lush sound that explores the delights of jazz.
• Nov. 25, Trail Legion, 5 p.m. doors open for the Trail Caledonian Society’s annual St. Andrew’s Day Family Potluck and Celebration. Supper 6 p.m., social to follow. Bring a dish to share, your family, friends and musical instruments for a Celtic jam session. Memberships to the Caledonian Society will be available. For more info, phone Jessie 250.364.9911.
• Nov. 25, Fruitvale United Church, 1-3 p.m. Granny’s Corner, ‘A Christmas Tree’ tea, goodies and bake sale.
• Nov. 25-26, Holy Trinity Church, Catholic parishes are hosting a “Homecoming” with a special welcome to all, especially those who have been away for any length of time. Mass times Saturday 7 p.m. and Sunday 9:30 a.m.