• Tonight, Gyro Park 7 p.m. Music in the Park presents Sunshine Drive, blues quartet from Nelson. Summer series sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union. Toonie donation suggested, remember to bring a lawn chair.
• Tuesday, Music in the Park presents special performance by the Sicilian Jazz Project, with guest Italian vocalist Pilar and clarinetist Don Byron. Part of Canadian tour supported by Canada Council for Arts.
• VISAC Gallery showing Joe Horvath’s “A Life of Painting and Drawing. “ Exhibition features oils and watercolour sketches of natural landscapes. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com.
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils.
• Thursday, Colombo Piazza on Rossland Ave. from 4-6:30 p.m. for Gulch Community Food Bank Garden celebration. Barbeque by donation, live rock bank, and games for children. Bring blanket or lawn chair.
• Friday, Gyro Park for Success by 6 Annual Teddy Bear Picnic.
• Saturday, Gyro Park for West Kootenay Pagan Pride Day.
• Saturday, Colombo Piazza, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Festa Italiana Family Day in the Park.
• Wednesday, Kiwanis Beaver Creek Park 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. for Canada Day Celebration. Pancake & sausage breakfast, craft fair, community group displays, free entertainment, kids’ games, and birthday cake. Fireworks display in Gyro Park at dusk.
• Wednesday, Haines Park in Fruitvale for Canada Day. Toonie hotdogs and pop by the Fruitvale firemen (or $3 for the hamburger and pop), freezies for the kids, music, volunteer groups recognition and awards, kids traditional races, games, and more. Bring lawn chair, hat and sunscreen.
• Wednesday, Rossland, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the annual Canada Day hike to Mt. Roberts. Not an easy hike, so be prepared for a steep trek to the top. Then from noon until 4 p.m. Canada Day at the Museum for live entertainment, BBQ, cake, kids activities and more. Gold Fever Follies perform at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. in Rossland’s Miner Hall.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org