• Check out “Decadents” works by the West Kootenay Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA).
The VISAC Gallery celebrates the 10th anniversary of the West Kootenay chapter of the FCA. This exhibition will host a variety of mediums and expert techniques from local artists. Show goes to June 21, Monday to Friday, noon-4 p.m.
• Music in the Park unveils its 10th Season with the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers tonight at Gyro Park at 7 p.m. The Playmore Jazz Band will swing the next one on June 16.
• Come watch the Canucks vs Bruins on the Really Big screen at the Royal Theatre Friday! Admission $5, kids under 12 FREE!! Proceeds go to the Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund. There will be beer, smokies on a bun and more! Licensed event. Dress up and wear your jersey – we’re gonna take home the CUP!
• Law enforcement personnel from a range of agencies will lace up for the 2011 Law Enforcement Torch Run, raising awareness and funds for Special Olympic B.C. athletes and programs with their fun runs and festivities. In Trail, the run will be on Friday, from 3 – 6 p.m. starting at J. L. Crowe High School and ending at Gyro Park. Contact Mauro Cavazzon for more info 364-2566.
• Montrose Days kicks off early this Saturday with an 8 a.m. hike up Antenna Trail and a chance to win a free breakfast. There’s a kids ball game at 9 a.m., bus tours to the dam start at 10 a.m., the much anticipated parade at 11 a.m., the commemoration of Bernie McMahon Field at noon, followed by the grudge match of all grudge matches, the East vs West Montrose softball game. There will also be lots of activities for the kids, the bouncy house and climbing wall, music and of course the steak dinner at 4 p.m. for $12.
• Kootenay DanceWorks will be performing on June 17th at 6:30pm at Rossland Secondary School. Funds raised will be donated to the Congenital Heart Foundation. Admission is by donation and a tax receipt provided for a donation of $25.00 or more.
•Camp Koolaree is holding an 80th celebration on June 18. Meet at McDonald’s Landing near lower Six Mile Road at 10 a.m. and leave when ready. Food and Fun provided. Call 368-5028 for more information.
•Trail Society for the Performing Arts is holding its Annual General Meeting at VISAC Gallery on June 20 at 7:00 p.m. All members & prospective members welcome.
• The Second Annual Trail and Rossland Eagles Pig Roast will be held at the Trail Eagles Hall on June 24 from 5-11 p.m. and June 25 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Dance to Titus Kanby, Saturday at 9 p.m. For more info call 362-5860 or 364-2646.