• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall doors open at 6 p.m. show starts 7 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Celebrate the holiday season with the Rossland Glee Choir; Aaron Cosbey; Daniel Chatron; J.P. Sykes; Max Hawk and Miche; Peter Pii Real and Jim Sinclair. Tea, coffee and goodies, proceeds in support of the Gold Fever Follies. Always looking for performers, no auditions. For information call Les Carter at 362.5677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Christmas Day, 5 p.m. at the Trail Legion Hall, the Community Christmas Dinner. Home delivery available to individuals unable to join us. Please call 364.1422 or 231. 6562 to register.
• Today, (until Dec. 23) Waneta Plaza for photo with Santa. from 1-6 p.m. Friday, 1-6 p.m. and Saturday through Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• Friday, Trail United Church 5:30 p.m. doors open and live music starts for the Camp Koolaree first Winter Fundraiser. Camp-inspired dinner at 6 p.m. Silent auction and wine pull open until 8 p.m. Tickets $25, can be purchased at Alpine Grind in Rossland or Trail United Church. To reserve tickets call 231.1088 or email email@example.com.
• New Year’s Eve at Trail Legion. Doors open at 8 p.m. Music by Party Party DJ Services, snacks, appies and party favours. Tickets $20 each, deadline Monday. Reserved seating available, ph. 364.1422 for more info.
• Saturday, 900 Spokane Street, the Trail Indoor Winter Market goes from noon until 4 p.m. Local vendors, baked goods, crafts, unique ideas and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m., the Bolshoi Ballet performs The Nutcracker live. Steps Dance Company selling baked goods to raise funds for trip to Hollywood in March. One of the greatest classics in the world. Iconic music by Tchaikovsky, and enchanting sets and costumes, this beautiful tale explores the universal themes of love, power and evil.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Rosewater. A drama based on a memoir by the Iranian journalist Maziar Bahari, who was imprisoned for five months in Iran following an appearance on The Daily Show. Jon Stewart’s directorial debut.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Last day of Small Treasures, fine art and crafts for Christmas gifts.
• Jan. 17, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Cromoli Brothers. Written and performed by Nelson’s Lucas Meyers, sketch comedy, vaudeville and musical theatre ranging from poignant and political to the absurd.
• Feb. 7, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Till Death – The Six Wives of Henry the V111. Performed by Vancouver’s Tara Travis, one actress plays six queens, six love stories and six deaths.
• Feb. 20, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. The Rossland Light Opera Players present one of Canada’s best loved stories with this production of Anne of Green Gables. We all love the unwanted orphan girl who arrives at Matthew and Marilla’s farm and who transforms the lives of all the people who come in contact with her. This is the perfect family outing.
• Feb. 27, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m., E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Little Moths. Hosted by Almeda Glenn Miller, storytellers from across the valley will frighten, delight and enlighten with authentic stories from our region.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org