• Thursday through Sunday, Waneta Plaza’s Annual Christmas Craft Fair. Support local artisans and find unique Christmas gifts. Santa arrives at the Waneta Plaza on Saturday at 11 a.m., photos available until 4 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, the Rossland Historical Museum & Archives at 7 p.m. host its open-to-public Annual General Meeting. Refreshments and light snacks will be provided thanks to the Friends of the Rossland Museum. There will be a presentation of two short films in the Cominco Theatre. For info, contact Museum Director Joelle Hodgins at 362. 7722 or visit rosslandmuseum.ca.
• Saturday, Trail United Church from 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. hosting a Christmas coffee party at Knox Hall. Included is a bake table. Admission by donation. All welcome.
• Saturday, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church in Trail. Doors open at 5 p.m. for St. Andrew’s Day Dinner. Beef dinner, silent and live auction. Bagpipes and Golden City Fiddlers. Tickets at church office, $25. Family of 3 or more $75. Call 368. 5581, 364.1006 or email email@example.com for info.
• Saturday, Rossland Eagles (outside) from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Fundraiser barbeque for Sherelle and Aaron Milburn, who lost their belongings in a recent house fire. Sausage on a bun with hot chocolate and coffee, $5. Or hot dog with beverage, $3. For info call Senta at 368.7432.
• Monday, the Trail FAIR Office at 2079 Columbia Ave. hosts the Advocacy Centre, a program of Nelson CARES Society. Help for people with issues involving the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation and landlord/tenant law. For info call, 1.877.352.5777 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
• Wednesday, Steelworkers Hall at 910 Portland Street, at 5 p.m. for the incrEDIBLE Pot Luck Dinner. Volunteers being recognized for their positive contribution to the community. RSVP by Nov. 28 at 368.6855 or by email at email@example.com. Employees, managers, owners and family members welcome.
• Sunday, Riverbelle from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. for the 6th Annual Mistletoe Market. Door prizes from each vendor. Admission fee and 10 per cent of sales donated to the Trail & Castlegar Parkinson’s Support Group. For info call Rachel Jensen at 512.1351.
• Tonight, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for a performance Joy of Cooking. An evening of songs from the American songbook inspired by food and libations. Rick Lingard, sax and vocal; Tim Bullen, trumpet; Colin Spence, piano; Steven Parish, drums; and Doug Stephenson, bass. Tickets at Charles Bailey Theatre box office. Call 368.9669 for info.
• VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail now offering Small Treasures, fine art and crafts for Christmas gifts. Runs until Dec. 19 from Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com.
• Last Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. until noon. Drawing drop-in with Joe Horvath. For info call 364.1181.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Elsa and Fred. After losing his wife, Fred moves to a small apartment, where he meets Elsa, a young at heart woman who teaches him to live life to the fullest.
• Dec. 6, Trail Indoor Winter Market at 900 Spokane Street goes from noon until 4 p.m. Produce, baked goods, crafts, unique gift ideas and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Dec. 8 to Dec. 15, The Kootenay Boundary Community Services Co-op is looking for residents from Nakusp, Creston, Trail to take part in a focus group discussion around some community services. An honorarium and refreshments will be provided. Phone George (250) 352.7600.
• Dec. 9, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m., the Trail Society of Performing Arts presents Black Umfolosi. A self taught acappella (Imbube) singing and traditional dance group that was formed in 1982. Specializing in imbube music, gumboot dance and Zulu dance, they have delighted audiences all over the world.
• Dec. 15, the Trail FAIR Office at 2079 Columbia Ave. hosts the Advocacy Centre, a program of Nelson CARES Society. Help for people with issues involving the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation and landlord/tenant law. The society can also provide information about family law and Legal Services resources. For info call, 1.877.352.5777 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.