• Today, The Riverbelle Restaurant in downtown Trail. Angus Reid of the BC Lions and Tracy Porteus from Ending Violence Assn of BC will present “Be More Than A Bystander,” an initiative to understand men’s violence against women. Public invited. Tickets $10 includes dinner and door prizes, available at Trail FAIR Society, Trail and Castlegar RCMP detachments and Nelson Advocacy Centre.
• Friday and Saturday, Huckleberry’s Restaurant will be hosting a silent auction with proceeds going directly to the Philippines to aid survivors of Typhoon Haiyan. Call Carole at 368-3346 or Anne-Marie at 638-1576. Live music by Keith Park, leave a bid, tasty lunch specials.
• Friday, Silver City Nites in downtown Trail kicks off with Santa’s Candy Parade at 6:15 p.m.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall from 9-11 a.m. Pancake, egg and sausage breakfast cooked by the Fruitvale firemen and Beaver Valley Nitehawks. $3 small, $5 large. All proceeds donated to the Fruitvale Community Chest. Bring kids for pictures with Santa.
• Saturday, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Rossland Health Care Auxiliary Thrift Shop from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. for the Annual Christmas Toy Sale in conjunction with the Rekindle the Spirit of Christmas celebration.
• Saturday, St. Michael’s gym from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. for Christmas craft fair. Photos with Santa, supervised craft corner.
• Saturday, Trail United Church 10 a.m. until noon for a Christmas coffee party at Knox Hall. Bake, craft and toonie table and more. Admission by donation. All welcome. For info call 368-3984.
• Saturday, 9:55 a.m. Royal Theatre presents the Met Opera’s production of Tosca. Puccini’s timeless verismo score led by Patricia Racett in the title role of the jealous diva.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Fill The Void. Shira, a young woman living in ultra-orthodox Tel Aviv faces a choice not unlike those of the heroines of Jane Austen novels. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• Today, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. for Ensemble Caprice, Christmas in the Baroque Era. Musical traditions as celebrated in Europe, Mexico and South America with this Juno-winning Canadian group. Ticket $30, contact 368-9669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery’s open house for Seasonal Treasures. Fine art and crafts for Christmas gifts. Call 364-1181 for info.
• Dec. 11, Charles Bailey Theatre, doors open at 7:15 p.m. for the Annual Rotary Christmas Carol Concert. Seven choirs and the Maple Leaf Band. Collection during intermission with all proceeds donated to the Salvation Army Christmas Hamper Fund.
• Dec. 12, Muriel Griffiths room in the Greater Trail Community Centre at 7:30 p.m. for the Clinton Swanson Quartet. The jazz ensemble includes Swanson on sax, drummer Tony Ferraro, guitarist Doug Stephenson and Rob Fahie on acoustic bass. Tickets $10 in advance $15 at the door. Call Charles Bailey box office or 369-9669 for info.
• Dec. 13, Trail Market goes indoors for the last time this year at the Trail Memorial Centre gym from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Artisan vendors, music, good eats and more. Call 368-3144 for info.
• Dec. 14, The 114th Christmas Bird Count will be held in the Trail-Rossland-Fruitvale area. For more info contact Linda-Rossland at 362-7107 and Shirley-Trail at 364-0339
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com