• Tonight, Spokane Street Stage for live entertainment from 4-11 p.m. Continues Friday 4-11 p.m., Saturday noon until 11 p.m. and Sunday at the Gyro Park Gazebo from noon until 4 p.m.
• Friday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. for Colin James: Up Close and Personal, the Acoustic Tour. James will perform his hits and blues standards with special guest, master guitarist Chris Caddell.
• Today, Trail Association Activity Centre, 1791 Riverside Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Mother’s Day Tea, Luncheon and Bazaar. Fundraiser, $5 per person. Includes tea, coffee, sandwiches and dessert platter. Craft table, trinkets, bake sale, door prizes. Call 368.3503 or 368*.3504 for info or to reserve tickets.
• Saturday, downtown Trail, 11 a.m. for Silver City Days Firefighter’s Parade. Food festival on Spokane Street from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. Trail Ambassador Coronation, 5 p.m. at the Riverbelle and 50th Anniversary of Festival of Lights Fireworks display at dusk.
• Saturday, the Old Firehall in Rossland, 8 p.m. Juno award winning singer/songwriter Bill Bourne returns to the West Kootenay for show with local songwriter and performer Alan Kirk. Tickets at door, 7:30 p.m. Call Kirk at 551.5172 for info.
• Sunday, Gyro Park. 9 a.m. the annual Silver City Days Fun Run kicks off. Family Day Festival in the Park from noon until 5 p.m.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 1-3 p.m. or 6:30-8:30 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice Society presents The Longest Loss: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia. Two part DVD presentation and discussion, coping with loss and living with grief and dementia at life’s end. For info contact 364.6204.
• May 20, Old Firehall, Rossland, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era. Trio includes Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano). Tickets at door or Bear Country Kitchen.
• May 23, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era.
• May 25, Genelle Hall, 6:45 p.m. The West Kootenay Naturalists host AGM with John Pollack, caver, photographer, and world traveller. Pollack has participated in scientific expeditions for over 40 years, notably with National Geographic expeditions of some of the largest caves in the world, a Yukon Gold Rush shipwreck and a lost Mongol fleet along the coast of Vietnam. No charge and everyone welcome. For more info call 250.365.5804.
• May 25, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m., the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Robert Elliott, Hollister Rep from Vancouver. For further info, please call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.
To submit email email@example.com