• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Enjoy the live Cuban sounds of Santiago de Cuba. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Saturday, Village of Montrose for Family Fun Days. Antenna Trail hike from 8-10 a.m. and pancake breakfast at community hall 8-10 a.m. Parade assembly at 10:30 a.m. starts 11 a.m. at 9 Ave. and Third Street. 11:30 a.m. Concession, children’s races, horse drawn rides, air brush tattooist, photo booth and more. 4:30-6:30 p.m. steak or hamburger dinner, presales at Montrose Village office. Call 367.7234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
• Saturday, The Riverbelle in downtown Trail, doors open at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. for “Art Bark.” A fundraising dinner and art auction with proceeds going to the Trail Regional BCSPCA. Buffet with roast beef and veggie pasta main course. Entertainment by Jason Thomas, Kate Shaw School of Highland Dance and Mystic Dream Dancers. Silent and live auction. Art by local artists. Tickets at Barks and Recreation, Scotiabank, BCSPCA Trail branch and Tails Pet Supplies.
• Monday, Beaver Valley Arena from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for the Beaver Valley Adventure Picnic. Free event. Bouncy castle, fire house and truck, crafts, mother goose and several information stations will be available for preschool and kindergarten children
• Wednesday, Muriel Griffiths room in the Greater Trail Community Centre at 6 p.m. the United Way of Trail and District invites donors, sponsors, volunteers and supporters to its Annual General Meeting. Call 364.0999 for info.
• VISAC Gallery showing Gary Drouin’s “A Trail of Street Photography” exhibition featuring urban landscapes, mostly down the streets of Trail and Rossland. Runs until June 18. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com