• Tonight, Gyro Park at 7 p.m., Kootenay Savings Music in the Park presents the Old-Time Fiddlers with Walter Crockett. Bring a lawn chair. Toonie donation requested.
• Tickets on sale now for the White Night gala Sept. 12 in the White Garden at Jubilee Park in downtown Trail. Communities in Bloom is asking locals to come out for an elegant catered evening, music and key note speaker Greg Belland. Call 368.8818 for tickets.
• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Wednesday, Butler Park, 5:30 p.m. the Smoke Eaters Booster Club hosts a Charity Softball Game. Trail Smoke Eaters swing against the Trail RCMP and Firefighters.
• Sept. 4, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. the National Theatre Live presents Medea. Medea faces banishment and separation from her children. Cornered, she begs for one day’s grace. It’s time enough. She exacts an appalling revenge and destroys everything she holds dear.
• Sept. 5, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail opens Ingrid (Baker) de Jong’s exhibition of 30 semi-abstract paintings titled, “Something Different.” For info call 364.1181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sept. 8, Tickets on sale (until Nov. 14) for the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital Health Foundation’s Snowflake Gala on Nov. 22. Five-course dinner, champagne reception, music, dancing and silent auction in support of the Critical Care Campaign. Call 364.3424 for more information.
• Sept. 12, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Sept. 13, Royal Theatre 11:30 a.m. for a live production of BBC’s Last Night of Proms. Sakari Oramo directs his first Last Night of the Proms, joined by powerhouse Dutch violinist Janine Jansen.
• Sept. 13, Gyro Park for United Way Day in the Park event hosted by the Trail and District United Way.
• Sept. 14, Gyro Park 9 a.m. registration for The Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. 10 a.m. mass start, 9-11:30 a.m. Kiwanis breakfast, all proceeds to run. Firemen’s tug-of-war.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com