• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Plenty of vendors, good eats and more.
• Tonight, Gyro Park 7 p.m. Music in the Park presents The Old Time Fiddlers in the final performance of the 2015 series. Renditions of traditional and country favourites, sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union. Toonie donation suggested, remember to bring a lawn chair.
• Sept. 5 and Sept. 6, Canadian Fire Fighters raise funds for Muscular Dystrophy at the Robson Volunteer Fire Dept. Show support for people with the neuromuscular disorder at Let’s Make Muscles Move event. For info, call 608.3635.
• Sept. 8, tickets on sale at the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital Health Foundation for Nov. 14 Snowflake Gala. Proceeds to the foundation’s Urology Campaign. Dinner by Gabriella’s Restaurant. Live music, dancing, and silent auction. Champagne reception 6 p.m., 7 p.m. dinner, dance to follow. Tables of 8, 10, 16 and 18 can be reserved. For info, contact the foundation at 250.364.3424.
• Sept. 9, Butler Park in Trail, 5:30 p.m. for the Trail Smoke Eaters Charity Softball Game. Meet the 2015 Smoke Eaters when they take on a team of regional firefighters and Trail RCMP. Admission by donation, burgers, fries, drinks and ice cream. $20 donors receive ticket to first game of the season against Vernon Vipers Sept. 12.
• Sept. 9, Trail Memorial Centre, 5:15-6:30 p.m. for Kidsport, free public skate for families.
• Sept. 9, Trail Memorial Centre gym, 5-7:30 p.m. for KidSport marketplace. Free community event for residents to learn about sport, recreation and culture options in the region.
• Sept. 10, Jazz at the Griff returns with the Gabriel Palatchi Trio. Trail drummer Tony Ferraro, Nelson bass player Doug Stephenson joined by Palatchi, an Argentinian keyboardist. A reflection of cultures including Latin jazz, tango, funk, reggae and samba. Performance in the Muriel Griffiths room, tickets available at the Charles Bailey Theatre box office, 368.9669 or at the door. Reserved tables available for groups of four or more.
• Sept. 12, Colombo Piazza, 8 a.m., sign-in, 9 a.m. start for the United Way Storm the Stairs event. Raise money for the local charity in a fun run event. Block party kicks off 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Prizes, raffles, barbeque lunch and more. Call 364.0999 for info or visit traildistrictunitedway.com and click Storm the Stairs event.
• Sept. 13, Red Roofs Duathlon, Gyro Park at 8:30 a.m. for first leg of competitive run. Event finishes at 2 p.m.
• Sept. 18, Victoria Street Bridge, 8 p.m. camp out begins for Coins For Change event. awareness and fundraising campaign to end homelessness in Greater Trail. Pledge or sleep under the bridge. For information contact Career Development Services at 250.364.1104 or visit office 1565 Bay Ave.
• Sept. 19, Muriel Griffiths room, Selkirk College ‘s
Trail campus, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Bootcamp for Non-ProfitsL Law and Governance 101.
One day program designed for senior leadership and board members in the non-profit and charitable sector, with a focus on arts and heritage organizations. Designed to provide foundational knowledge and capacity to identify, plan for and respond to legal issues that can arise in the managing of a non-profit and will include the changes to the Society Act in BC, which will impact every society across the province. For info, call box office at 368.9669.
• Sept. 26, Gyro Park 10 a.m. for Scotiabank and BC SPCA Paws for a Cause walk to fight animal cruelty. Benefits Trail Regional SPCA branch. Entertainment, games, demonstrations, vendors, food and more. Walk starts 11:30 a.m.
• Sept. 26, Selkirk College Trail campus, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Stage Management Workshop. Guide through duties and responsibilities of stage manager and assistant, touching on scope and details of the job. Register at the box office, 368.9669 or email email@example.com.
• Sept. 27, Selkirk College Trail campus, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Directing Workshop. Discusses using classic play to detail all aspects of director’s vision. Sponsored by Trail and District Arts Council and Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance. Call 368.9669 for info or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 27, Jubilee Park from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for BC Rivers Day shoreline clean up. City of Trail supplies bags, gloves and a thank you lunch.
To submit email email@example.com