• Saturday, Cominco gym 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for Mothers Unite Garage Sale. Giant indoor sale of all items suitable for children from newborns to 12-year-olds. Call Trail Parks and Rec to rent table, 364.0888. Free entry for public.
• Saturday, gathering space in Rossland Sacred Heart from 1-3 p.m. the CWL will be hosting a Fall Tea and Bazaar. Cost is $4.00.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m.the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Esther Brown discussing and showing slides of her Diabetic Education trip to Guatemala. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Tuesday, Charles Bailey Theatre, Trail Society for the Performing Arts will present James & Jamesy’s British comedy 2 for Tea. Masterful British comedians lure you into their delightfully bizarre world with their innocence and endearing chemistry.
• Thursday, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m. Jazz at the Griff presents The Joy of Cooking. Nelson-based group serves up the music of Cole Porter. Featuring Rick Lingard, vocals and sax, trumpeter Tim Bullen, guitarist Doug Stephenson, Mark Spielman on acoustic bass and drummer Steven Parish.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, doors open 6 p.m. show begins 7 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Note venue change (2081 Washington St.) For info, contact Les Carter, 362.5677 or email@example.com.
• Tuesday, 6-7:30 p.m. Opening reception for Bill Edmonds: Talking to Strangers. Paintings inspired by pictures and online texts sent to Edmonds by strangers. Artist meet and talk Nov. 21, 6:30-8 p.m. Runs until Nov. 21. For info call Director Kristin Renn, 364.1181.
• Saturday, 9:55 a.m. Royal Theatre presents Verdi’s Otello, Met Opera Live in HD. Shakespeare’s play in tragic intensity. Features new soprano star Sonya Yoncheva and baritone Željko Lučić.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Amy. Incredible story of six-time Grammy-winner Amy Winehouse, in her own words.
• Oct. 22, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. presents Hamlet, National Theatre Live in HD. Benedict Cumberbatch in title role of Shakespeare’s great tragedy.
• Oct. 24, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., 13th Annual Tuesday Morning Quilters show and sale. Craft and “what not” table. All proceeds to local charities, admission by donation.
• Oct. 24, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for the John Welsh Band. Blend of Folk, Surf Rock, Reggae, and Latin music. Performance hosted by Rossland Council for Arts and Culture.
• Oct. 31, Trail Memorial Centre, free Halloween skate. Kids rink, disco ball, fog machine strobe lights and laser beams.
• Nov. 14, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for the Tequila Mockingbird Orchestra. Rossland council for Arts and Culture presents bluegrass, and roots music with influences from Flamenco and African percussion.
• Jan. 22, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 7 p.m. for Remi Bolduc Jazz Ensemble. An evening of Jazz in tribute to Dave Brubeck.