• Music in the Park plays on Canada Day and will feature local blues group Plan B on Friday at 7 p.m. Old time country favourites Cattle Annie and the Crooked Corral go Thursday, July 7.
• The Compassionate Friends is a self-help support group for parents and families who have lost a child, at any age from any cause. Three cell groups meet monthly: in Fruitvale, the last Monday of the month at 1p.m. 1414 Green Rd., in Trail, the third Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Trail United Church and in Nelson, the second Wednesday 7 p.m. at Mountain View Village. Please call Joan for summer meeting plans and any further information 693-2281
• Check out the Canada Day festivities at Beaver Creek Park on Friday, pancake breakfast from 8:30-10 a.m., craft fair and displays, face painting, children’s games, First Nations story telling, with music from North of 60, birthday cake at noon and more.
•The Annual Seniors Day Picnic will be held Thursday, July 7 from 2 – 6 pm at the Beaver Valley Family Park. Cost will be $12. Crib games 1-75 will be from 2:30 – 4 p.m. Entertainment from 4 – 4:30 p.m., dinner starting at 4:30 pm and the BC Old Time Fiddlers #9 will play from 4:30-6 p.m. Dinner tickets must be purchased in advance (deadline is June 30) at the Fruitvale and Montrose Village Offices.
• Trail Smoke Eaters Alumni serve up their seventh annual ALS Dinner on July 8, live and silent auction, with special guests, Steve and Jeff Tambellini and Tom Renney. Dinner tickets $50. The Golf Fundraiser goes Saturday, a three-man scramble, prizes and barbecue dinner, register by July 1. Tickets for Friday dinner and golf, $125, available at Remax Pro Reality or visit trailsmokeeaters.com for more info.
• The Gold Fever Follies celebrate 25 years by offering the Golden Ticket. Purchase a $30 ticket and gain access to the Rossland Museum and the Golden City’s rich mining heritage, a free dinner at the Flying Steamshovel and entry to the Gold Fever Follies. Shows run all summer from Tuesday to Saturday at 3 and 7:30 p.m. Tickets available from the Rossland Museum, Rossland Pro Hardware and Out of the Cellar.
•BCIAHA All Breed Community Horse Show to be held at the Trail Horseman’s Society Grounds during their 50th Anniversary Celebration from July 8-10. For entries, to volunteer or more info contact Holley Campbell at 362-9065.