• Saturday, Holy Trinity Catholic Church from 1-3 p.m. Open house. Everyone welcome. Refreshments and goodies provided. Call 368-6677 for info.
• Saturday, St Andrew’s United Church in Rossland 1:30-3:30 p.m. for the Rossland Sacred Heart CWL annual Fall Tea and Bazaar. Tickets $4. Bake table and country store, everyone welcome.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre 2 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Service Canada rep. For info call, 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• Italo Canadese annual fall banquet and dance, tickets available until Oct. 26. $32. Call 368-3727, 368-5291 or 368-3268 for info. Cocktails, Italian dinner, live music by Time Trap.
• KBRH Health Foundation selling tickets for professionally made quilt valued at $800. Proceeds will support the critical care campaign. Tickets 3 for $5. Draw is Dec. 19.
• Tonight, Royal Theatre 7 p.m. for National Theatre Live production of MacBeth. Shakespeare’s tragic talke of ambition and treachery unfolds within the walls of a Manchester church.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 9:55 a.m. for The Bolshoi Ballet presentation of Spartacus. Tickets $24 adult, $12 child. Doors open 30 min prior.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Much Ado About Nothing. Shakespeare’s classic comedy is given a contemporary spin. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• Saturday, Trail United Church 2 p.m. for an Afternoon of Soprano Duets. Captivating soprano duets performed by Noemi Kiss, Kathleen Neudorf and Csinszka Redai (piano). Tickets $15 at the door.
• Saturday, Cafe Americano 7 p.m. James Kasper, launches new album ‘Twenty.’ Tickets $10, $12 at the door.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall for Joe Hill Coffee House. Doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m. Featuring union and working man songs by harmony group the Kidz; Bethany Worsnop, harmonica; Rupert and Nadine,voices; Bert Kniss, harmonica; Marti Daniel and Les, songs for the workers; Max Hawk; Golden City Fiddlers. Admission $3.
• Showing Jessica Gowling’s exhibit “Within the Wilderness.” Traditional hand-pulled prints. Hours Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday 2-6 p.m.
Oct. 25, Waneta Plaza from 1 to 3 p.m., the Old Time Fiddlers will be playing in support of the Salvation Army food bank. Please bring a non-perishable food item to show your support,
• Oct. 26, St. Michael’s School 1-3 p.m. for the Holy Trinity Church fall tea and bake sale. Tickets $3. Raffles, sewing, plants and a mystery table.
• Oct. 26, Royal Theatre 9:55 a.m. for the Met production of Shostakovich’s opera The Nose. Satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose. Tickets $24 at the door.
• Oct. 26, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Trail United Church for quilt show and sale and the 11 th annual coffee party for the Tuesday morning quilters. Admission by donation, proceeds to local charities. Trail United Church women also having a bake sale.
• Oct. 26, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a special Spooktacular event. Great food, pumpkin pie, halloween treats, haunted house and more. Call 368-3144 for info.
• Oct. 27, Trail Seniors’ Hall (Selkirk College Portland St. entrance) 1:30 p.m. The Society for the Prevention and Cruelty to Seniors will good a general meeting. Ken Siemens will talk about grief and loss. All welcome. For info call 362-5767.
• Oct. 28, Genelle Hall at 5:30 p.m. for potluck dinner at the WK Naturalist’s month-end meeting. Bring plate, cup and cutlery. Angus Glass presents migration of the W. Toad in the Summit Lake area at 7 p.m. Free. All welcome,
• Oct. 29, Rossland Miners Hall, 7 p.m. Public workshop to help plan the future of the Rossland Range. Learn about the new recreation site designation. For info call Les Carter 362-5677.
Nov. 2, Italo Canadese Hall for the annual fall banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 p.m. Italian dinner 6 p.m. Dance to live music by Time Trap. Tickets $32 in advance until Oct. 26. Call 368-3727, 368-5291 or 368-3268 for info.
• Nov. 8 and Nov. 9, Montrose Hall, 10 a.m. start for the Montrose Christmas Craft Fair. Free Admission.
• Nov. 16, Snowflake Gala, Cominco Gym at 6 p.m. Champagne reception, 7 p.m. 5-course dinner. Call 364-3424 for info.Tickets on sale Sept. 3- Nov 8.
• Dec. 5, St. Michael’s School, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Holy Trinity Catholic Parish community craft fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org