• Today, Trail Memorial Centre 4-8 p.m. for Silver City Days Seniors’ Dance featuring That Girl and Earl.
• Friday, Colombo Hall from 5-8 p.m., the Colombo Lodge presents its annual “Spaghettata”, a family dinner (spaghetti, chicken, jojos, salad and bun) with live Italian music. Adult $15, child (7-11yr) $10, 6yr and under free. Tickets available at the door. Everyone welcome.
• Friday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m., for Miss Trail 2014. Tickets $15.
• Saturday, KP Hall in Trail from 8-11 p.m. enjoy an evening of ballroom dancing to the live music of the 18 piece big-band “The SwingSationS.” Tickets $15. Call 367.6115 for reservations. All are welcome.
• Saturday, downtown Trail at 11 p.m. for the Firefighter’s Parade. Starts on Riverside Avenue and rolls through town over the bridge to East Trail.
• Sunday, Gyro Park at 1 p.m. for Family Day and Mother’s Day Celebration in the Park. Country Divas, Trail Maple Leaf Band, vendors and more.
• Friday, Rossland Miners Hall 7:30 p.m. Randy the Redneck is Tellin It Like It Iz. Featuring original music and observational humour from Nelson based writer and performer Lucas Myers.
• VISAC Gallery showing exhibition of Joost Winckers, an art instructor at J.L. Crowe Secondary School. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. By donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25.
Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils. Mr. Horvath will supply the paper.
• May 22, Rossland Gallery at 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore returns to perform string trios of Beethoven, Kodaly and Dvorak. Tickets $15 or $12 for students and seniors, at Bear Country Kitchen and at the door.
• May 22, Rossland Gallery at 7:30 p.m. for La Cafamore back in concert. on Thursday May 22 at the Rossland Gallery. Advance tickets at Country Bear Kitchen. Adults $15, seniors/students, and children under 12, free.
• May 24, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 9 a.m. auditions start for West Kootenay’s Best Singer. Top 20 auditions advance. Contests starts at 7 p.m. Tickets $5 at the Beaver Valley Bakery. Open to all ages living in West Kootenay/Boundary area. For info call Vern 250.428.0305.
• May 26 and May 27, Rossland Light Opera Hall, 2054 Washington Street, Rossland at 9 p.m. Auditioning teens and adults for roles and chorus for Anne of Green Gables. Come prepared to sing Happy Birthday and read from script. Show dates Feb. 2015. Contact Marnie at email@example.com for info
• June 1, Charles Bailey Theatre at 3:00 p.m. for Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Annual showcase of talent, tickets $15 on sale now at the box office.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org