• Tonight, Glenmerry Hall (Laburnum Drive) at 6 p.m. for Cinderella’s Closet. Grand prize is a promo and pamper package. All proceeds to the Canadian Cancer Society and 2015 grad class. For info text 231.5181 or email Lisa_rkoerber@hotmail.com.
• Tonight, Muriel Griffiths room, 7:30 p.m. Jazz at the Griff presents The Laura Landsberg Quintet. Featuring Tony Ferraro on drums, Doug Stephenson on acoustic bass, Paul Landsberg on guitar and Don MacDonald on violin. One part jazz, one part rock ‘n roll and one part country.
• Sunday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 2 p.m. for Teck’s children’s series, SAM2 by Scrap Arts Music.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners’ Hall doors open at 6:00 p.m., 7 p.m. start for Joe Hill Coffee House. Performers include Lois Allen, flute classics; guitarist Max Hawk; Mike Scully; The Hardlys, acoustic pop; rockabilly Kootenay Jack; and Whispering Polly. Kids and students free. For more info, call Les Carter at 362.5677 or email email@example.com.
• Tuesday, Charles Bailey Theatre 7:30 p.m. Trail Society of the Performing Arts presents Servantes, “Bluesy Andelucy.” Patrice Servant, offers a unique blend of latin-flamenco jazz. Passionate performances feature his own compositions, improvisations and adaptations of well-known pieces.
• Tickets on sale for Nov. 1, Italo Canadese Society’s fall banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 p.m., five-course Italian dinner 6 p.m. Live music of Time Trap. For info call Lina 368.5291 or Maria 368.3268.
• Saturday, Rossland Sacred Heart CWL is hosting it’s annual Fall Tea and Bazaar at Sacred Heart Church from 1-3 p.m. The cost is $4 and there will be a country store, bake table, door prizes and a fish pond. Everyone welcome.
• Tuesday, Warfield Hall from 6-8 p.m. Lymphedema Support Group meets. Contact Julie 321.4003.
• Wednesday, St. Andrew’s United Church Hall, 7 p.m. Friends of the Rossland Range is hosting a public meeting to discuss the Nancy Greene Rec Area Management Plan. Contact Les Carter at 362.5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail, 6-8 p.m. Open house for The Artwork of Our Members showcase. Includes paintings, pottery, fabric artist and photographers. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Royal Theatre, 9:55 a.m. for Met Opera Live production of La Nozza Di Figaro. Spirited new production of Mozart’s masterpiece. Classic domestic comedy of 19th century manor house in Seville.
• Royal Theatre, Sunday cinema at 4:30 p.m. presents Life Itself. Documentary film recounts the inspiring and entertaining life of world-renowned film critic and social commentator Roger Ebert.
• Oct. 25, Trail Legion at 5:30 p.m., celebrate fall with a dinner and dance at Trail Legion. Supper of ham, cheesy potatoes, and salad at 5:30ish, then dance to “That Girl and Earl” at 7:00pm. Tickets $12, children welcome but must leave before the dance starts. Deadline for tickets Oct. 23. Call 364.1422 for tickets and info. Legion members and bone fide guests.
• Oct. 25, Willi Krause Fieldhouse for the annual ski swap.
• Oct. 25, St Michael’s School, 1-3 p.m., Holy Trinity Church is hosting a tea and bake sale. Tickets $3 at the door, or after Mass.
•Oct. 25, Trail Market on the Esplanade features a special Spooktacular edition from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Halloween fun, activities including handed house, games and hay bale maze. For info call 364.0834.
• Oct. 25, Trail United Church from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., the Tuesday Morning Quilters are having their 12th Annual Coffee Party, quilt show and sale. Admission by donation, all proceeds of the sale go to local charities. Along with this event the Trail United Church Women will be having a bake sale.
• Oct. 27, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Michael Arab from Nightingale Supplies. Please note date change. For info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Oct. 31, Charles Bailey Theatre at 8 p.m. for Gordon Lightfoot live in concert. Call 368-9669 or email email@example.com.
• Nov. 1, Italo Canadese Society’s fall banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 p.m., five-course Italian dinner 6 p.m. Live music of Time Trap. For info call Lina 368.5291 or Maria 368.3268.
• Nov. 2, Prestige Mountain Resort at 5 p.m., Kiss-Off Cancer Cook-Off returns. Help prevent cancer through great food. Cook-off and silent auction. Chefs from Gabriella’s Restaurants Ltd., Ying Café and Alpine Grind compete against each other, creating scrumptious dishes with foods that prevent cancer. Everyone is invited to enjoy the food and support cancer prevention. Tickets on sale at Bear Country Kitchens, the Alpine Grind and Gabriella’s Prestige Restaurant in Rossland. For info text or call Diana Daghofer at 512.2126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 15 and Nov. 16. Trail Legion from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. “Afternoon Out” Shopping Bash. Features more than 20 local vendors including; Scentsy, Forever Stitchin, South Hill Designs, Jamberry, Tupperware, Passion Parties and more. Door prizes and exclusive discounts for those who attend.
• Dec. 6, Holy Trinity Catholic Parish, St. Michael’s gym for annual Community Craft Fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com