• Today, Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. for “Cookies and Cards,” The Friends of Trail Library invite you to an afternoon of bridge from 1-3 p.m. Tickets $10, fundraiser to support current library programs. Call 364.1146.
• Saturday, Trail Legion from noon until 6 p.m. for an Afternoon Out Shopping Bash. Come and meet local businesses that are available in our communities, get your fave products and more. Free admission and door prizes at the table.
• Saturday, Trail Memorial Centre at 5 p.m. for a West Kootenay Roller Derby’s season five double header. Live roller derby begins at 5 p.m. with the Rossland Trail Roller Girls versus Salmo/Slocan’s Valley Brutality. Castlegar’s Dam City Rollers against Nelson’s Killjoys at 7 p.m. Tickets in advance at Cedar Avenue Salon and Flying Steamshovel or at the door.
• Saturday, Gyro Park, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life kicks off at 10 a.m.
• VISAC Gallery showing Gary Drouin’s “A Trail of Street Photography” exhibition featuring urban landscapes, mostly down the streets of Trail and Rossland. Runs until June 18. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• June 1, Charles Bailey Theatre at 3:00 p.m. for Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Annual showcase of talent, tickets $15 on sale now at the box office.
• June 7, The Riverbelle in downtown Trail, doors open at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. for “Art Bark.” A fundraising dinner and art auction with proceeds going to the Trail Regional BCSPCA. Buffet with roast beef and veggie pasta main course. Entertainment by Jason Thomas, Kate Shaw School of Highland Dance and Mystic Dream Dancers. Silent and live auction. Art by local artists. Tickets at Barks and Recreation, Scotiabank, BCSPCA Trail branch and Tails Pet Supplies.
• June 7, Village of Montrose for Family Fun Days. 8-10 a.m. AntennaTrail hike; 8-10 a.m. pancake breakfast at community hall; parade assembly at 10:30 a.m. starts at 11 a.m. at 9 Ave. and Third Street. Concession, children’s races, horse drawn rides, face painting and more. 4:30-6:30 p.m. $13 steak dinner, $6 hamburger dinner presales at Montrose Village office. Call 367.7234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
• June 9, Beaver Valley Arena from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for the Beaver Valley Adventure Picnic. Free event. Bouncy castle, fire house and truck, crafts, mothergoose and several information stations will be available for preschool and kindergarten children
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com