• Tonight, Gyro Park at 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park kicks off with a performance by the Trail Maple Leaf Band under the direction of Joe Fuoco. Admission by donation at the gazebo. Remember a lawn chair. For info, visit trail-arts.com.
• Tickets on sale for Trail Legion’s cheap and easy dinner June 28 at 5:30 p.m. Chicken enchilada and mexican corn salad. Ticket deadline June 26 for members and bona fide guests. Call 364.1422 for information.
• Registration now open for the KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic event on July 18 at Birchbank Golf Course. Registration that day begins at 11 a.m. starts at 1 p.m. Dinner and prizes to follow. All proceeds to the Critical Care Campaign. For info call Lisa Pasin 364.3424 or email lisa.pasin@interiorhealth.
• Wednesday, Trail United Church, 7 p.m. Rick Turner of BC Health Coalition discusses current threat to Canadian Medicare that could change health services provision in BC to a system based on a patient’s ability to pay, rather than the current one which depends on need and is universal. Refreshments provided. Call 364.1487 for info.
• VISAC Gallery showing Gary Drouin’s “A Trail of Street Photography” exhibition featuring urban landscapes, mostly down the streets of Trail and Rossland. Runs until June 18. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils. Mr. Horvath will supply the paper.
• June 25, Trail Legion from 1-3 p.m. for an open house. Join the Legion for a cup of tea and learn about member benefits and new programs available for veterans. Phone 364.1422 for info.
• June 28 and 29, Mad Trapper Archery Shoot. All proceeds to support the Critical Care Campaign for the Kootenay Boundary Hospital Health Foundation. Raffle prizes and more. For information please contact Jay and Joy Mykietyn at 368.5619 or email email@example.com.
• June 19, KSCU Music in the Park presents the Trail Pipe Band & Kate E. Shaw Dancers at 7 p.m.
• June 26, KSCU Music in the Park presents Ray Bouliane & Don Birtch, country blues.
• July 3, KSCU Music in the Park presents Whispering Polly, country rock, blues funk
• July 10, KSCU Music in the Park presents Darlene Ketchum, jazz, soul, gospel duo
• July 15, KSCU Music in the Park presents the Kootenay Fiddle Workshop. Fiddle, guitar & keyboard instructors from across Canada jam.
• July 17, KSCU Music in the Park presents Nice Verdes, new & traditional Cuban & Columbian songs.
• July 24, KSCU Music in the Park presents the Jason Thomas Group, local country & country rock
• July 31, KSCU Music in the Park presents Clinton Swanson $ Friends, rhythm & blues with drummer Tony Ferraro.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org